Farage this morning

What use are the Tories? these clowns claimed that labour was soft on immigration and if elected Camoron and co would sort it all out and reduce net immigration to the tens of thousands per year, net immigration is now running at 250 to 300,000's a year which is the road to disaster.

He can't. That's a decision that only the Brussels bureaucrats can make.

Instead of kicking the unemployed and disabled to make themselves look tough why don't the Tories show some balls and take on the EU.

They've been promising that for some time and, in fact, it's one of Cameron's pointless promises should he be re-elected. Unfortunately, he can promise until the cows come home, Brussels has already told him they will not negotiate so more empty promises.

There is only one solution to the immigration problem.
What do you reckon the solution is then JB, if it is a referendum your thinking of you will probably be disappointed , they will either rig the wording of the question or if they don't get the right result they will have another one until they get the required result just as they did in the Irish referendum.

Sponsored Links
It's just a lazy moan to go on and on about immigration being this and that and it's destroying the Country and we need to stop it and kick everybody out, blah, blah, blah. If anybody cares to look at immigration with some discerning intelligence they will realise that we could not function without a certain amount and much of it benefits us. A wholesale restriction on immigration now would not be a good for the Country. It also gives us the freedom to travel elsewhere which some of us like. Where it falls down are the economic migrants who come here to take advantage of soft rules put in place by the Labour Party. They come from countries where average pay is pennies and we give them thousands a year in benefits and the best house they've ever seen. This has to stop. The last government tightened up to a certain extent but not far enough - because most of what they wanted to do was blocked by the liberals.

But the sad thing is it won't be getting any better in the next 5 years. UKIP will get nowhere so you can forget that. The Tories won't win a majority because of UKIP so you can forget that. If the Tories do get most seats they will only form a government with the Liberals so you can forget that. In fact the highest likelihood is a Labour lot with Scots and Liberals in tow, which will mean more immigration - probably open border - more benefits and handouts - for both Brits and immigrants - and more money heading East for Monsieur Hollande to distribute amongst his farmers. Couple that with more taxes and increased unemployment and it's all looking effing brilliant innit.

What do you reckon the solution is then JB, if it is a referendum your thinking of you will probably be disappointed , they will either rig the wording of the question or if they don't get the right result they will have another one until they get the required result just as they did in the Irish referendum.

The solution, in my opinion, is to get out of the EU and start making decisions that will benefit us and not the rest of Europe and the world.

The pundits delight in telling us that a Conservative government would be the only way we could have an in/out referendum which, of course, is nonsense. As you said, Cameron wants us to stay in to benefit his big business buddies and there is no way he will hold an equitable referendum, whatever he promises.

IF people want a referendum, they should vote for UKIP. Even if they don't get a majority, a sufficient number (along with those Tories who also want out) could swing it. Moreover, a large number of votes for UKIP might just bring it home that people do want a genuine referendum.

As always, the people who decide what happens to this country are the electorate. Unfortunately, many are too thick to see beyond the end of their noses.

It's just a lazy moan to go on and on about immigration being this and that and it's destroying the Country and we need to stop it and kick everybody out, blah, blah, blah. If anybody cares to look at immigration with some discerning intelligence they will realise that we could not function without a certain amount and much of it benefits us. A wholesale restriction on immigration now would not be a good for the Country. It also gives us the freedom to travel elsewhere which some of us like. Where it falls down are the economic migrants who come here to take advantage of soft rules put in place by the Labour Party. They come from countries where average pay is pennies and we give them thousands a year in benefits and the best house they've ever seen. This has to stop. The last government tightened up to a certain extent but not far enough - because most of what they wanted to do was blocked by the liberals.

But the sad thing is it won't be getting any better in the next 5 years. UKIP will get nowhere so you can forget that. The Tories won't win a majority because of UKIP so you can forget that. If the Tories do get most seats they will only form a government with the Liberals so you can forget that. In fact the highest likelihood is a Labour lot with Scots and Liberals in tow, which will mean more immigration - probably open border - more benefits and handouts - for both Brits and immigrants - and more money heading East for Monsieur Hollande to distribute amongst his farmers. Couple that with more taxes and increased unemployment and it's all looking effing brilliant innit.

I agree. That's why I support UKIP who promise that, given the chance, they would allow in immigrants who would benefit the country and no-one else, certainly not the economic migrants. I don't blame them, of course; they are just opportunists and, given the same circumstances, I'm sure I'd do the same.

As for UKIP 'getting nowhere' (like they did in last year's EU elections?), I think that rather depends on the electorate. Unfortunately, as I said in my last post, many are too stupid to know any better than to keep electing LibLabCon, and we've all seen the outcome of that pantomime. It doesn't help, of course, when the biased BBC and equally biased press keep assuring us that a 'vote for UKIP is a wasted vote' or that 'a vote for UKIP is a vote for Labour'. It may sound simple but, in my opinion, a vote for UKIP is a vote for UKIP!

Sponsored Links
The thing is, there are a lot more immigrants here than any government would admit to. They of course will not be voting for UKIP, they will be voting for Labour - exactly why they are here.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
It may be counter intuitive , but perhaps a very low UKIP vote will make a referendum more likely as the govt would see it as less likely to risk an EU exit, while placating the press etc?

We'll never leave Europe. Never in a million years.

Moreover, a large number of votes for UKIP might just bring it home that people do want a genuine referendum.
Ukip currently on 13% which might get them one or two seats. Not exactly overwhelming support.

The thing is, there are a lot more immigrants here than any government would admit to. They of course will not be voting for UKIP, they will be voting for Labour - exactly why they are here.

Exactly why Labour invited them all in!

They may be crap at running a country (ruining a country, perhaps), but they're not stupid.

What can be deduced from the recent poll on voting which resulted in:

10% Labour,
10% Conservative and
56% UKIP
plus others?

Does that mean UKIP are getting votes from equal numbers of Labour and Conservative or that the majority on the forum are fed up Conservatives?

What can be deduced from the recent poll on voting which resulted in:

10% Labour,
10% Conservative and
56% UKIP
plus others?

Does that mean UKIP are getting votes from equal numbers of Labour and Conservative or that the majority on the forum are fed up Conservatives?

I can only speak for myself, of course, but since you ask I have always voted conservative. I saw through Labour at quite a young age.

However, relatively recently more important considerations have arisen: immigration and membership of the EU, both of which are of enormous importance to my mind anyway, and are not being seriously considered by any of the 'major' parties. Hence my support of UKIP.

I suspect that many Labour voters are also beginning to realise that uncontrolled immigration from East Europe is threatening their job prospects.

I saw through all of them at an quite a young age.

Immigration is indeed a tricky issue.
Labour supports/condones it in order to increase their voting base while
Conservatives support/condone it in order to suppress wage demands.
Both support it as the number of tax-payers must be increased.
A fine balance has to be maintained by both sides.

Or does it make no difference to those really in charge?

Sponsored Links
Back