Fatness is no longer the fault of the fatties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Last January I gave up Sugar after popping the button on my trousers the day I returned to work :)

I lost 2 stone over the course of the 1/2 half of the year, consuming little or no sugar when I would previously have lots and taking a 40minute walk with the dog every evening & twice on weekdays.

I have recently been naughty and by the time xmas is over I expect I'll have to be on a crash diet all over again.
But I don't count calories, I count how much sugar is in something, the rest is irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
If you want to get really fat, just follow some of the recipes given by the tv chefs. The great food warrior and faux cockney Jamie Oliver has taken it upon himself to rid the World of sugar but just watch some of his previous programmes where he adds 'a little sugar' or 'a little salt.'

Regular use of a derogatory term for Muslims - RoP - is proof of a hatred of Muslims.
Why not have a look here. Maybe that will hopefully dispel your theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace
Once you have read this, you might be able to understand once and for all that most posters on here are not Muslim haters. It might come to your attention that some of us on here are against the brave men and women that are fighting a futile war in Iraq etc. We have lost so many lives just to justify our American friends. We should just let the third world countries get on with their own lives. Perhaps then, the world wouldn't have to cope with copious amounts of refugees.

Regular use of a derogatory term for Muslims - RoP - is proof of a hatred of Muslims.
Why not have a look here. Maybe that will hopefully dispel your theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_of_Peace
Once you have read this, you might be able to understand once and for all that most posters on here are not Muslim haters. It might come to your attention that some of us on here are against the brave men and women that are fighting a futile war in Iraq etc. We have lost so many lives just to justify our American friends. We should just let the third world countries get on with their own lives. Perhaps then, the world wouldn't have to cope with copious amounts of refugees.

You need to read more thoroughly. You missed the bit where it states that some critics of Islam use the term sarcastically. It is certainly used in a sarcastic or derogatory manner here. Odd how you then wander off onto another subject. Are you conflating Islam and Islamist? :rolleyes:

Anyway, it sure does sometimes read as if many regular posters hate Muslims.

Unfortunately some unsavoury regimes - Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Kuwait, Qater UAE - have some delicious irresistable oil and gas. Should I explain to you about gas? :)

You might have overlooked this too
Clearly Islam the religion is not the cause of terrorism. Islam, as I said, is a religion of peace.
and

"Religion of peace" does not imply that Islam is a pacifist religion, that it rejects the use of violence altogether, as either a moral or a metaphysical evil. "Religion of peace" connotes, rather, that Islam can countenance a state of permanent, peaceful coexistence with other nations and peoples who are not Muslims...This position, I shall argue, is no more than the result of an objective application of principles of Islamic jurisprudence which no jurist or activist, medieval or modern, has claimed to reject.[13]

This use has also been criticized by influential Islamist Sayyid Qutb, who wrote:

The defeatists should fear Allah lest they distort this religion and cause it to become weak on the basis of the claim that it is a religion of peace. Yes, it is the religion of peace but in the sense of saving all of mankind from worshiping anything other than Allah and submitting all of mankind to the rule of Allah." [14]

The term "The Religion of Peace" is used sarcastically by critics of Islam, such as right-wing commentator Ann Coulter.[3]
So, one person has spoken out loud - nice one.

On May 13, 2015, the Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist organization released an audio message purporting to come from the mouth of the group's caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who asserted that Islam is not a religion of peace, but rather the religion of violence:
There you go, your mate has spoken
Utter bull. You are so myopic

Unfortunately some unsavoury regimes - Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Kuwait, Qater UAE - have some delicious irresistable oil and gas. Should I explain to you about gas?
:)

Should I explain to you about spell checker? Of course not, I wouldn't sink so low :D

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/f...lt-of-the-fatties.448533/page-5#ixzz3ucemTFLR

You might have overlooked this too
Clearly Islam the religion is not the cause of terrorism. Islam, as I said, is a religion of peace.
and

"Religion of peace" does not imply that Islam is a pacifist religion, that it rejects the use of violence altogether, as either a moral or a metaphysical evil. "Religion of peace" connotes, rather, that Islam can countenance a state of permanent, peaceful coexistence with other nations and peoples who are not Muslims...This position, I shall argue, is no more than the result of an objective application of principles of Islamic jurisprudence which no jurist or activist, medieval or modern, has claimed to reject.[13]

This use has also been criticized by influential Islamist Sayyid Qutb, who wrote:

The defeatists should fear Allah lest they distort this religion and cause it to become weak on the basis of the claim that it is a religion of peace. Yes, it is the religion of peace but in the sense of saving all of mankind from worshiping anything other than Allah and submitting all of mankind to the rule of Allah." [14]

The term "The Religion of Peace" is used sarcastically by critics of Islam, such as right-wing commentator Ann Coulter.[3]
So, one person has spoken out loud - nice one.

On May 13, 2015, the Islamic State (ISIS) terrorist organization released an audio message purporting to come from the mouth of the group's caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who asserted that Islam is not a religion of peace, but rather the religion of violence:
There you go, your mate has spoken
Utter bull. You are so myopic

Unfortunately some unsavoury regimes - Iran, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Kuwait, Qater UAE - have some delicious irresistable oil and gas. Should I explain to you about gas?
:)

Should I explain to you about spell checker? Of course not, I wouldn't sink so low :D

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/f...lt-of-the-fatties.448533/page-5#ixzz3ucemTFLR

Should I explain to you that critics is plural, not singular. And should I explain to you the difficulties of typing on an ipad, and the worse than useless spellchecker that is best disabled unless you prefer a competently diffident meeting (sic).

Anyway, your post is bull, it is quite obvious that most people here use RoP as a sarcastic term for Islam. A bit like 'God's chosen people' to mean Jews. Or Papists for Catholics.

Anyway, your post is bull, it is quite obvious that most people here use RoP as a sarcastic term for Islam. A bit like 'God's chosen people' to mean Jews. Or Papists for Catholics.
So, you have no relevant answer and you say that my answer is ' bull ' Thank you for pointing out your Ipad misfunctions.

THIS THREAD HAS GONE WAY OFF TOPIC AND IS GOING NOWHERE. NOW LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back