Fatness is no longer the fault of the fatties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things cause people to be overweight, lack of exercise and an over-active knife and fork.

Agreed that lack of exercise plays a role but you don't lose weight by exercise alone.

And what causes the over-active knife and fork? Appetite? And what influences appetite?

The over-active knife and fork is caused by greed.

And what causes greed?

Do you get many vegan fatties? Are the Chinese generally thin or fat? Are the Americans generally thin or lard buckets?

Oh christ, I viewed that video, I'm about to heave ... arrrgggghhh ... you rotten swine.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why is that baby hippopotamus wearing knickers? No-one's going to see her fanny underneath all that mound of blubber.

It's not a baby anything, I think it is a great white whale, clearly beached, washed up by the recent floods I'd assume. For your own sake, do not watch the video.
Too late!

It would be nice if certain memories could be deleted, just like wiping a hard drive.

graphics-lol-358887.jpg

I've dropped two trouser sizes and one top size in 14 months and lost just over 20 kgs - or in DIY terms, a bag of sand. :D

I don't exercise, but do a bit of walking if I can - ie park further away from places or avoid using the car. That's it. I'm mainly office based, so sedatary.

The only change I've made is to cut right back on eating processed food, ready meals and fast food. Also crisps and chocolate bars and cakes and all that stuff. Basically, cut out all the crap, and eat proper cooked food and fruit instead.

Not in a health freak kind of way either, just more careful. I still have fish and chips on Saturdays, and will have the occasional cake but not the whole packet!

It's difficult at first, but then it just becomes normal. Tea with sugar now tastes horrible, as do doughnuts, for instance.

So from my own perspective, barring any medical condition, being fat is a choice.

"Basically, cut out all the crap, and eat proper cooked food and fruit instead."

I agree. I've done almost the same albeit I run 6 miles twice a week, and drink a litre of beer on Friday and Saturday evenings. I can't eat much processed food now, it makes me chunder. Cakes do not interest me, I'd rather eat something with more taste and texture. I'm down to 11 stone 7 pounds, from 12 stone 7 pounds a year back, and 13 stone a few years ago. And I eat well. Oinky oink oink.

Being fat is only a choice if you know that it is a choice, if that makes sense. I beleive many/most fatties do not realise that it is a choice. They might go on a diet, and eat silly diet fad stuff, same food, just less. And then they feel hungry. They think normal eating means tasteless low fat rubbish.

After decades of heavy training at the tender age of 50 I stopped training completely. That was 3 months ago. I've dropped from 18 and a half stone to 16. Fading away due to inactivity. I can see a new years resolution coming up.

Don't worry, you'll soon pile on the fat.

I remember a radio phone in about the subject.

One woman rang in complaining she couldn't lose weight even though she "didn't eat much".

What do you eat? She was asked.

Well, for breakfast I only have ABC,
for elevenses, I only have D,
for lunch, I only have EFG,
for tea, I only have H,
for dinner, I only have IJKL.

It depends what you think is much.
It was about five times what I eat every day.

Don't worry, you'll soon pile on the fat.

Maybe? I've halved my intake down to about 2500 cals a day now with a lot of protein (bout 40/50%) to try to maintain some muscle while I sort my lazy boy head out... but hey what would I know eh, mighty Joe (y)

Appetite is a state of mind - you're only hungry, if you want to be, or aren't busy enough to not dwell on it. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back