Fatness is no longer the fault of the fatties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. It's not the fault of the fatties.

It's not the fault of the government either.

It must be something to do with global warming.

Or, perhaps, it's the will of God.
It's the do-gooders fault.

Sponsored Links

I wouldn't blame global warming but it certainly doesn't help when the more , er , rotund members of society think it's ok to squeeze themselves in to bikinis and speedos.

Hey, I look good in a bikini.
A picture is worth a thousand words(y)

Sponsored Links
It's partly cultural. Apparently your gut fauna - the mix of bacteria - influences your appetite.

It isn't.:D

Really? Care to expand? No pun intended.

It was interesting, but not the answer. It's a learnt behaviour surely. Munch too much - fatness is on the cards.

Where are all the gut fauna -bacteria- appetite victims in parts of the world with scarce food resources??? where are the fatties there.???

Yes, when I said it is cultural I meant that it is indeed a learnt behaviour, from parents and other family members, as well as those the 'fatties' associate with. If your parents feed you junk food, high in sugar and processed ingredients, you are likely to continue eating the same carp when you grow up. Sugars and processed carbohydrates are easy to digest, they don't leave you feeling full, and they are high in energy, so it is easy to eat lots of calories, and you soon want more. Eat a winter veg stew, with a bit of meat or fish, and it is filling, high in fibre, slowly digested and not high in calories. You can drink a litre of orange juice, which is essentially sugar, you can't really eat the equivalent number of oranges. We are exposed to food adverts that pursuade us that cr@p is good for us, but sugar, fat and flour are cheap, so products high in cr@p are high profit, but bad for us.

Those in the third world tend not to eat processed food. Processed food changes the bacteria in your gut, which impacts your appetite, or so they think.

I knew one big chap whose desk was piled high with empty crisp packets, and unconsumed coke and biscuit packets. He'd be scoffing all day, and he looked very unhealthy, red faced, subject to what I assume were sugar highs and lows. Nice lad, and I was tempted to advise him on his diet, but it would have been impertinent of me.

It's partly cultural. Apparently your gut fauna
Flora, not fauna

Some online sites say flora, some fauna. Flora sounds wrong for bacteria, this site suggests gut microbiota is more appropriate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut_flora

I wouldn't blame global warming but it certainly doesn't help when the more , er , rotund members of society think it's ok to squeeze themselves in to bikinis and speedos.

Hey, I look good in a bikini.
A picture is worth a thousand words(y)

In this case a picture might be worth a thousand screams. :eek:

Two things cause people to be overweight, lack of exercise and an over-active knife and fork.

Agreed that lack of exercise plays a role but you don't lose weight by exercise alone.

And what causes the over-active knife and fork? Appetite? And what influences appetite?

I eat a lot of home grown veg
Oh dear. I used to work with someone that ate only home grown veg. The constant emissions from his backside must have contributed towards global warming. :eek:

Sounds like he grew Jerusalem artichokes. They do cause bad wind. I grew some, and left some in the works kitchen area. A colleague made garlic and artichoke soup. Ooops. Most homegrown veg do not cause flatulence, in fact I think lots of junk food would cause farting.

I eat a lot of home grown veg
Oh dear. I used to work with someone that ate only home grown veg. The constant emissions from his backside must have contributed towards global warming. :eek:

Sounds like he grew Jerusalem artichokes. They do cause bad wind. I grew some, and left some in the works kitchen area. A colleague made garlic and artichoke soup. Ooops. Most homegrown veg do not cause flatulence, in fact I think lots of junk food would cause farting.
I find mushy peas, or beans on toast, are the most effective.

Two things cause people to be overweight, lack of exercise and an over-active knife and fork.

Agreed that lack of exercise plays a role but you don't lose weight by exercise alone.

And what causes the over-active knife and fork? Appetite? And what influences appetite?

The over-active knife and fork is caused by greed.

And what causes greed?

Do you get many vegan fatties? Are the Chinese generally thin or fat? Are the Americans generally thin or lard buckets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back