four toothbrush chargers one plug?

Interesting. Or maybe just two?

Not sure how safe they are
upload_2020-12-27_23-3-36.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Maybe so, maybe not, but irreverent as (s)he is not using a shaver socket.
somthing needs investigating here
what are the chances off an extension with 4 tooth brushes plugged in not being in a safe zone so far too close to a sink ??
so where exactly is this extension and what is the proximity to the sink ??

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
oh, and what we did while building a new bathroom was just keep the toothbrushes charging on a table in the hallway, plugged into a normal socket with an adaptor. No problems there.

somthing needs investigating here
what are the chances off an extension with 4 tooth brushes plugged in not being in a safe zone so far too close to a sink ??
so where exactly is this extension and what is the proximity to the sink ??
What has the sink got to do with it? There are no zones round a sink. (Most of the zone diagrams on the net are wrong).

What has the sink got to do with it? There are no zones round a sink. (Most of the zone diagrams on the net are wrong).
if its in a bathroom
if its safe its safe if its trailing past the shower over the toilet ???who knows

Be it USB, shaver sockets, or other there are units made that allow them to be used
615+gXOgMtL._AC_UY218_.jpg
as to if safe is another question, I having lived in Hong Kong for a time have a number of socket adaptors complete with BS standard printed on them. This
files
is a Schneider product, so it is not only cheap Chinese imports, using the grid system you can have near anything you want MK grid socket.jpg MK grid system, as to use in UK yes because domestic electricians need to be scheme members and the schemes say they must follow BS 7671 they could not normally fit such a unit. But clearly made.

Why four toothbrushes?
My first oral B charger/stands held one brush and had a pop up box on the rear that held four heads.
I assume that that's why new heads always come with coloured rings? So each family member swaps the head to their own.

Not sure how safe they are
View attachment 215991
Those multiway plugs with four cable entries (each with it's own cord grip) are handy and at least the ones I've owned seemed decently built. Only real issues I've found with them is the cord grips are a bit small, so you may have trouble with larger flexes and you only get one fuse so depending on the application the cords may not have been as protected as they otherwise would be. Neither is a problem for running a few toothbrush chargers though.

Sadly , they don't seem to be made anymore or at least I can't find any sources.

... you only get one fuse so depending on the application the cords may not have been as protected as they otherwise would be. ....
I'm still trying to get my head around that one. Could you perhaps clarify?

Kind Regards, John

The fuse will have to be sized to support the total load from all four devices, this means it may need to be larger than the fuse that would be used if the appliances had individual plugs and in some applications may need to be larger than the current rating of the flexes.

I don't personally think this is a huge deal, most of the world happilly uses plugs with no fuses at all and relies on the protection in the fixed wiring, but it is potentially one downside of such a product over having seperate fused plugs.

Regardless it's no issue in this particular case, because the total consumption of four toothbrush chargers is still much lower than even the smallest value of plug fuse you can buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back