GB News

It's divisive rubbish so instead of concentrating on the important issues we are at each others throats over pointless rubbish.

Another nail in the coffin of our democracy.

i agree people need to concentrate on this sausage caper

Sponsored Links
GB news seems to have taken steps to be as neutral as possible to not be like fox news.

The BBC very much depends on the reporter, I've read some articles from the beeb that appear to have been written by a guardian employee, very much not neutral at all.

I've not read anything from the beeb that has been right wing from what I remember.

With Andrew Neil heading up GB news I have some faith that the news will be just facts with no bias.

I just want centrist news.

Sponsored Links
Can you define 'centrist news'?

Not the guardian news for the left, and not daily mail news for the right.

Somewhere In the middle of the 2 extremes would be welcome.

In both of those publications you can very much see the news is based on personal viewpoint than actual facts. In fact you see that on most news sites, papers channels..

Not the guardian news for the left, and not daily mail news for the right.

Somewhere In the middle of the 2 extremes would be welcome.

In both of those publications you can very much see the news is based on personal viewpoint than actual facts. In fact you see that on most news sites, papers channels..
And it will be no different on 'GB news'...

Because particularly with politics the spin doctors/media owners control the output...

I happen to think the BBC does a pretty good job, but in recent years groups such as the nasty party and rabid brexiteers have been trying to bring the BBC down.
Because it is on the whole more balanced than such rags as the Express/Daily Fail/Torygraph etc, which rather gets the right winger's backs up!

The guardian is probably centre left, and the mirror/sun are just crap!

I agree.

How is it possible to be any different?
They will employ people who agree with their views.

Andrew Neil has said they will report the truth and not lie. That is all very well with actual events - e.g. Russia invades Crimea - but not the reason for them.
Will they just ignore things they do not agree with?

Will each programme be presented by the equivalent of ITminion and JohnthePlumber - for balance?

Will they employ anyone who disagrees with the received orthodoxy?

A.vicar who doesn't believe in god.

GB news seems to have taken steps to be as neutral as possible to not be like fox news.

The BBC very much depends on the reporter, I've read some articles from the beeb that appear to have been written by a guardian employee, very much not neutral at all.

I've not read anything from the beeb that has been right wing from what I remember.

With Andrew Neil heading up GB news I have some faith that the news will be just facts with no bias.

I just want centrist news.

Why is it called GB News? I think the majority of the owners are not even registered in the UK.

https://find-and-update.company-inf...any/12227760/persons-with-significant-control

lol.

It's Fox News in the UK. Opinionated and their aim is to use viral short videos to generate views and opinions - it will live or die by its user views and what better way to get views than operate like the Daily Mail on the TV.

Nothing good will come from this.

A sad day for this country.

Andrew Neil has said they will report the truth and not lie. That is all very well with actual events - e.g. Russia invades Crimea - but not the reason for them.
And therein lies another of the problems...

How much investigative journalism will they be able/allowed to do?

The BBC over many years has exposed countless scandals/corruptions because it has the freedom to do so as it is a public body...

Hence why the vested interests want it gone!

Why is it called GB News? I think the majority of the owners are not even registered in the UK.
Apart from the BBC, virtually no UK media owners are registered in the UK...
Nothing good will come from this.

A sad day for this country.
Just another sad day added to the hundreds of other sad days over the last 5 years...

"Neil was quoted as saying "In terms of formatting and style, I think MSNBC and Fox are the two templates we're following"

Essentially then, 'Propaganda they are fed' and are expected to distribute to an ever increasingly dumbed down population...

The 51st state?

And it will be no different on 'GB news'...

Because particularly with politics the spin doctors/media owners control the output...

I happen to think the BBC does a pretty good job, but in recent years groups such as the nasty party and rabid brexiteers have been trying to bring the BBC down.
And Murdochs papers did that for years, to try to do away with a competitor for his TV business.

Because it is on the whole more balanced than such rags as the Express/Daily Fail/Torygraph etc, which rather gets the right winger's backs up!
If the BBC reports on, say, a statue being removed, and doesnt bang on about woke snowflake liberal lefty cancel culture, there are those (and we see some of them here), who use the fact that the BBC didnt use words which they think are centrist terms, to justify allegations of left wing lunacy of the biased broadcasting company.

The guardian is probably centre left, and the mirror/sun are just crap!
A newspaper can be left of centre in its opinion and comment pieces, but still fairly report actual news. The problem is that as with the BBC, those who lap up the bile spewed out by the likes of the Mail and the Express regard any news reporting not viewed through the lens of RWR polemicism as extreme left-wing bias.

Do you think Fox are neutral?
Do you mean politically neutral - no. Nor are they impartial, truthful or balanced - unlike the BBC.

Hence munroist's post...

hopefully it will be far more neutral than the left wing lunacy of the biased broadcasting company.

...is utter nonsense or he is looking for a Fox News style right wing hit.

Even at the level of actual events theres reporting and theres reporting.

• Russia today invaded Crimea.
  • Russia today sent troops into Crimea to protect ethnic Russians from attack.

Time honoured practice here.

Will each programme be presented by the equivalent of ITminion and JohnthePlumber - for balance?
There is a saying popular among journalists criticising false balance in the media: “If someone says it’s raining, and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. Your job is to look out of the window and find out which is true.

Sponsored Links
Back