Get a room you two...

You have decidedly aligned yourself with the resident racists.
You have decidedly pitted your voice against me, and my objections to racism.
I love the fact that to tell you off for being so quick to call people racist means I am a racist. Some logic you have, lol.
Pitted my voice against you - who the **** made you god?

Sponsored Links
Right.

I will challenge the (in Clint Eastwood's words) "kick-ass person labelling people racist for speaking their mind" to find one comment of mine that is in any way racist.
Ditto Himmy. Find one comment of mine that is any way racist.
I'm reasonably sure I couldn't.
What I've consistently and metaphorically said that if you lie down with dogs, you'll catch fleas.
I.e, if you defend racism, you can hardly complain if you are labelled as racist.

Right.

I will challenge the (in Clint Eastwood's words) "kick-ass person labelling people racist for speaking their mind" to find one comment of mine that is in any way racist.
Ditto Himmy. Find one comment of mine that is any way racist.
I'm reasonably sure I couldn't.
What I've consistently and metaphorically said that if you lie down with dogs, you'll catch fleas.
I.e, if you defend racism, you can hardly complain if you are labelled as racist.

You behaved like a typical racist.
Not a typical racist. Most of those don't go around correcting people's manners, more interested in being, well you know, racist.

Can you find one single post where I have defended racism?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every one is a racist. You may not think that you are but you are.. The only time that humans will stop being racist is when they learn or unlearn how to differentiate between differing items, sounds, colours or smells
I'll respond to your sensible and worthwhile comment.
Just because we have animal instincts doesn't mean that we have to allow them free rein.
We don't wander through the sweet shop helping ourselves to the goodies.
We have social skills that restrain our natural instincts.
We have education that teaches us that we are all human, with similar needs and desires.
We have society that teaches us the best route to survival, peace and harmony is to get along with each other.

Sponsored Links
Every one is a racist. You may not think that you are but you are.. The only time that humans will stop being racist is when they learn or unlearn how to differentiate between differing items, sounds, colours or smells
Just because we have animal instincts doesn't mean that we have to allow them free rein.

So you personally are going to correct every single injustice in the world starting with diyforum general section.

I don't want to get dragged in again as it's a waste of time.

All I have ever done is futily question your (Himmy) definition of racism.
If you define everything said against a group as racism, then you devalue the seriousness of true racism.
It wasn't my definition, if you're referring to cultural racism.
I had the concept in my mind, and by research found it was a concept that had already been adopted by UN, scientific bodies, etc.
And it was encapsulated better than I could/did in my mind.
So you were questioning the concept that was/had been adopted by scientific organisations, etc.
Those scientific bodies, obviously thought it was worth making the distinction. It wasn't my definition. It was my introduction of it into the discussion.
If you fell it devalued the concept or seriousness of racism, well we must agree to disagree.

@Himaginn

gsxr-turbo-burnout-o.gif

Those scientific bodies, obviously thought it was worth making the distinction. It wasn't my definition. It was my introduction of it into the discussion.
If you fell it devalued the concept or seriousness of racism, well we must agree to disagree.
That depends on why they did it.

If it was to stifle any criticism of the policy of mass immigration by labelling opponents with a more serious crime then, of course, I disagree.

They cannot just change the meaning of words.

Apart from that; never assume those in charge know what they are doing.

That depends on why they did it.
If it was to stifle any criticism of the policy of mass immigration by labelling opponents with a more serious crime then, of course, I disagree.
You truly believe that the scientific organisations and UN 'invented' the term to stifle discussion?

They cannot just change the meaning of words.
They weren't changing the meanings, they were adopting words in common usage to define precisely a type of racism, i.e. cultural racism, which was different to racism based on biology, i.e. biological racism.

Apart from that; never assume those in charge know what they are doing.
When you have a concept in your mind, and you discover that it's already been encapsulated by scientific organisations, it's an excellent reason to assume that they know what they're doing.
On the other hand, you can't dismiss their (UN, Scientific organisations, Governments) definitions because an anonymous fellow (who refuses to explain his credentials) on social media suggests they've changed the meaning of words, and therefore the concept is void.
You can understand why I prefer their opinion over yours, apart from the fact that my social awareness agrees with theirs.
It's difficult to understand your refusal to accept the term, unless you have a devout and deep reason for rejecting it, which you won't divulge.
It's rather like believing in God, when illogical reasons are presented to justify the belief.
You are presenting illogical reasons to deny the concept of cultural racism.

So you personally are going to correct every single injustice in the world starting with diyforum general section.
Perhaps I may use a quote from BBC news, admittedly out of context, but appropriate, IMO none the less.
"One great obstacle to improvement (in society) is the progressive tendency to look away from awkward truths: to prefer their moral vanity over better outcomes for others; and to expend energy on policing 'incorrect' commentary rather than championing needed reforms."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36983146
It was a statement given in defence of the Australian cartoon.
It was a clever statement to argue that the cartoon highlighted racial issues rather than racist stereotyping.

Now you could argue that I'm "expending energy on policing 'incorrect' commentary" instead of "championing needed reforms".
I think the reduction of racist comments, racists incidents, and racial hatred is a "needed reform"

There are some injustices that I can object to, and perhaps help to combat. There are so many that I am not able to exert any influence.
Racism is a dangerous and disruptive force in society. Some social media assists in spreading the immoral messages.
It could, if it desired, help to eradicate immoral and dangerous gossip, by disallowing the racist comments, and still allow discussion.
Sadly DIYnot allows racists to spread their malignant message through the GD forum.
It heightens racial tension and incites hatred. It reduces the security of individuals, instead of improving society.
You could argue it even allows for the formation of like-minded groups, like BNP. By not disallowing racist comments it provides a medium for the divisive messages of racists.
That is a real and present danger.
Racism and the spreading of racist propaganda fuels terrorism, not combating it.

Can you find one single post where I have defended racism?
Still waiting. Proof please, not just your imagination running riot.
I can't find one post where you criticised racism or the racist, despite your claim to despise racism.
I can find loads and loads of your posts criticising those who criticise and object to racism and/or racists.

So despite your claim to object to racism, you vehemently refuse to agree with my sentiments.
Instead you launch a tirade of abuse because, according to you, you disagree with my methods.

Your claim to object to racism, of which I can find no evidence, has achieved what? zilch, nada, rien.
So, I assume your method is to quietly acquiesce to racism and racists.
Your method appears to be ignore it and hope it goes away. Meanwhile it's obvious that the racists here exploit your silent acquiescence to post further racist comments and misinterpreted news articles. You silently acquiesce to those posts.
While you stand idly by, sorry, you don't stand idly by, you ignore the racist comments and attack those that object to racism.

I can find absolutely no evidence for you objecting or despising racism. Quite the reverse, I can find loads of evidence that you appear to prefer the racist comments rather than the critical objections to it.
I can find specific evidence of you launching a tirade of abuse at me because I objected to a racist post.

Sponsored Links
Back