Guitar to buy..

I

imamartian

I have just started to teach myself to play the guitar (i have an acoustic). But i want to buy an electric guitar and an amp.....

Can anyone suggest what guitar and what amp to buy as a starter set-up please?

Sponsored Links
Depends on how much you have to spend and what type of guitar you want.

For a starter you could get the Squire Strat or the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Both very good quality guitars and priced very well.

Some sellers will sell them with amps as part of a package, but if they dont, get yourself a standard 10 - 20watt amp, it will be plenty for a beginner.

Your best option is to go to a guitar shop and have a hold and a feel of the guitars before you buy any, when you find one you like you can then purchase it online for a little cheaper than a high street shop.

cheap and cheerful for starters.... and to be honest, no guitar feels 'comfy' ... i'm a drummer in real life !

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tips... (how much on top for an amp?).
And would i need the '2-point fulcrum tremolo ' if i intend to play on rock...?

I am selling an electric guitar. it's a Stagg X300 Heavy X in gloss black, 3way selector, double pic-ups, new strings, includes Stagg Strap, looks and sounds real mean! (boxed) = £95

I am also selling a Marshall Series 15CD DFX amp, sounds ace! (boxed) = £65

I am selling an electric guitar. it's a Stagg X300 Heavy X in gloss black, 3way selector, double pic-ups, new strings, includes Stagg Strap, looks and sounds real mean! (boxed) = £95

I am also selling a Marshall Series 15CD DFX amp, sounds ace! (boxed) = £65

...Should i buy this.... anyone?

I buy all my guitars from the local auction house. I like Jap guitars of the 70s best. I'll never afford a real vintage Strat (though I did own one once way back in 1970). I just like the sound of a vintage guitar better when the wood has aged. I also like fixing them up though like re-fretting etc.

Best bet is a second hand Strat/ Les Paul/ telecaster/ SG etc.

Cheaper the better really as it's not an easy instrument to play and few persevere.

I've got an amp going begging if you fancy a drive upto Leeds.

I think it's a peavey. No idea how well it works, but it stands 3 or 4 feet tall. I was given it a while back, and have never had cause to use it yet, and could do with the space back. (I mainly work with theatre PA type stuff)

I can have a closer look tomorrow if you're interested.

I've got an amp going begging if you fancy a drive upto Leeds.

I think it's a peavey. No idea how well it works, but it stands 3 or 4 feet tall. I was given it a while back, and have never had cause to use it yet, and could do with the space back. (I mainly work with theatre PA type stuff)

I can have a closer look tomorrow if you're interested.

Yes, i'd be interested....
i just need to spend a day or two looking back through old DIYnot posts to check that i haven't p***ed you off too much in the past... don't want to turn up in leeds and find you're 6'9" and i end up with an amplifier instead of a head!!!

But seriously, let me know if it works.... i can cope with a drive to Leeds.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back