Have you watched any good movies ?

Sponsored Links
I watched The Equaliser last night: spent ages waiting for the first goal to go in but all Denzel did was go around killing people.
Not for me, Clive.(n)

I love that film. I take your point that all he does is kill people, but he does it so well.

Sponsored Links
I love that film. I take your point that all he does is kill people, but he does it so well.
He does.
Denzel is a 'Man on Fire'.
If you haven't seen that film then i'd highly recommend it. Takes an hour to fire up but when it gets going he's Unstoppable.

He does.
Denzel is a 'Man on Fire'.
If you haven't seen that film then i'd highly recommend it. Takes an hour to fire up but when it gets going he's Unstoppable.

It takes an hour, to plumb the depth and run out of a sensible story.. Sorry, but I need more than a frantic killing spree to entertain me.

It takes an hour, to plumb the depth and run out of a sensible story.. Sorry, but I need more than a frantic killing spree to entertain me.
So do i, old sport. But 'Man on Fire' is based on a true story and isn't a spree-killing, but an act of vengeance in pursuit of Cartel kidnappers.
I mean, they even give you Christopher Walken in a cameo role: what more could you want??

Massive hatred (amongst the RWR) for anyone Asian looking in the US presently. Thanks to Trump.
Have you ever seen these so called "Karen" videos?

AFAICT, racism features large in them. In one video, the complainant said words to the effect of this is our country and in our country you speak our language, American. I think she meant English...
Followed by words to the effect of why don't you go home? When the person being screamed at was in their home town...

Dreadful. Ignorant. Intolerant. To name but a few words.

Dreadful. Ignorant. Intolerant. To name but a few words.
We have a few like that on this forum.
Republican (RWR) controlled states ard doing their best to make it illegal for schools to even dare mention US racist history (CRT).
And that's coming from a place harbouring some of the most rabid racists on the planet.

It’s Hong Kong film industry panto comedy. Reminded me of an early Jackie chan film.

I watched it when it first came out thinking it would be a sci-fi martial art film. It wasn’t.

Watched “A man called Otto” and “Living” last night, can recommend both , worthy of Oscar’s .Also liked Emancipation.
Can also recommend the TV series 1883.

I gave 'Living' a run the other night - maybe I wasn't quite in the right mood for it, but it completely failed to grab me.

Watched Green book while in Hospital. Great film don't think it got awards but who gives a fñck obout the Oscars
Yeah, only won best film Oscar in 2018……….
(Despite that, it actually was a good film).

Sponsored Links
Back