Heathrow not free

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can drop off passengers at Jet Parks 1 and they can catch a shuttle bus. But with luggage it could be a bit of a fag.

And there is a "Home Check-in" service you can pay for where your bags are weighed, sealed and labelled then carted off to be loaded onto your flight.

Nope. As a private company, I would charge the carp out of people.

Not if they have a contract with the airport to provide a free transfer, you wouldn't.

Guaranteed and steady revenue, efficient (no nobbers pizz-rsing about with shrapnel / finding their card / opening their app) (y)

I went to terminal 5 to drop some relatives off. I followed the signs to the pickup area. The signs lead to the car park. I ended up having to pay £6 for it. Anyone knows if the free pickup and drop off area has been eliminated? Have I gone to the wrong place or followed the wrong signs? What a total f'ing rip off that was. The f'ers have no trouble giving free money to ukraine, but free drop off for locals is too much for them.
and then you put

As a private company, I would charge the carp out of people.

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as a free lunch ;)
That's clearly false. People who set up gates get free lunch, free car, free house, etc. If they need free something else, they can just introduce bus fares, suddenly.

Same happened at Bristol airport. After the bearded sheet wearers attempted to park a car loaded with unleaded in the doorway of Glasgow airport they banned drop offs right outside the door. Airport insisted drop offs were to be made in short stay car park. You could have 10 mins free, any longer and they ripped you for big bucks. Not happy with this scam, they eventually dropped the free 10 mins. Dropping or collecting someone at Bristol now requires you to surrender £5. Even if you're only in there 1 minute.

More benefits of the multicultural society, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Carry on: justify your racism by any means.

The removal of airport drop offs at “sensitive” areas is down to security fears.
The charges have nothing to do with it.
Charges are either (depending upon your viewpoint) a means to make more money IR an effort to encourage people not to “overuse” facilities.

The removal of airport drop offs at “sensitive” areas is down to security fears.
Really? People have no fear of russian nukes or tsunami torpedoes, why would they be fearful of BB guns?

It's profit, all profit.

Sponsored Links
Back