How not to drive a police vehicle through floods

Sponsored Links
speaking as an ex copper and trained driver..............plank! :rolleyes:

Dont really see whats so funny about seeing a police van thats one its way to help someone become delayed. Do you purposly get in their way when theyre trying to get through traffic. :rolleyes:

Now if it had been BTP.... :D

WET MY SELF LAUGHING :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I wonder if he hydrauliced the engine or whether it was electrical......

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Dont really see whats so funny about seeing a police van thats one its way to help someone become delayed.
Hear hear.

Yes said:
Typical thick copper
Typical thick poster called Yes.

Foolish driver.

Should have maintained a steady speed to create a "bow wave"

Shouoldn't be driving through flood water anyway - manhole covers have a tendency to get lifted up with flood surge...

i certainly don't go out of my way to make way for a police vehicle.. you don't have to and running a red light in front of one to free a lane can get you nicked..

a friend of my dads was caught on camera doing just that and was sent a fine.. he protested the situation and was sent a letter saying pretty much the following.

you're only required to make way for ambulance and fire engines since they are usually attending life threatening situations if they have the lights on..

ColJack said:
i certainly don't go out of my way to make way for a police vehicle.. you don't have to...
Do you not think this makes you a bit selfish? I'm alright Jack! How do you know what the Police are doing? Sure they might be late for their tea but there's always the chance that they're rushing to stop someone getting beaten to death etc.

If the police car is close behind you and traffic crossing the junction is obviously aware of the police car then you should be OK. Then you still need to exert care and treat the read light as a give way sign with the "protection" of the blues and sirens of the emergency vehicle.

To go across a red light long before the emergency vehicle reaches the junction is not really acceptable as crossing traffic will not be aware of the need for you to treat the red light as a give way.

If any emergency vehicle is behind you and you have to run a red light to let it through, and you get caught on camera, you will be prosecuted.

"So what are you supposed to do, sit there?" I hear you ask?

Yes :evil:

if you steam right on through a red light and carry on then yes you will. if you pull forward through a red light to let one pass you wont.

just remember the police have a duty to save life first and foremost and often they will attend incidents to help do so. They dont put on the emergency equipment to go for their tea :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back