How to change bathroom downlights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

Two of my three bathroom ceiling bulbs went off, I thought I'd better get them fix before the last one die too.

I had a look at them they got no clicks or anything like that, all they got is a sealed ring and a glass (photo attached)

Can someone shed some light for me please , how to open it?

Thanks

Downlights pic added hope it helps someone else

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3,555
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1,476
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The lamp (bulb) is a push and turn put in/take out method, but can be fiddly. The fixing itself, the sealed ring as you call it, is usually held in by spring clips. You can get your nails in under the edge either side and slowly ease them out. Change the lamp and replace.

Sponsored Links
Wow - consider yourself lucky that the bulbs have lasted as long as they have.

The lamp (bulb) is a push and turn put in/take out method, but can be fiddly. The fixing itself, the sealed ring as you call it, is usually held in by spring clips. You can get your nails in under the edge either side and slowly ease them out. Change the lamp and replace.
Sorry mate

Do you mean I can push the glass in and turn? I tried it seems firmly attached ?

I can only manage to pull the whole thing (fitting) out a little bit on two sides and it seems like it hock up somewhere ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 802
Last edited:
Try pressing your palm flat against the white bezel, press hard against the ceiling and twist at the same time.

If they're stuck you will need the pressure to stop the whole fitting turning

Try pressing your palm flat against the white bezel, press hard against the ceiling and twist at the same time.

If they're stuck you will need the pressure to stop the whole fitting turning

Do you mean I can twist it and twist it and pull the whole thing out?

Thanks all , I manage to pull it off , just need a little bit harder:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back