I am so glad that Mrs Thatcher..............................

Am guessing you also agree with the sinking of the Belgrano?

Yep!

Oh right, attacked outside the exclusion zone but yer lets kill everyone on board!!!

With respect, the Argies had just invaded our land, and they stuck a warship nearby... sorry, their intections were clear.

Recently Bristish marines were arrested for murder for not following the 'proper' rules of engagement:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19918398

it'd be nice if all our enemies acted as well as we do !

Her actions were politically motivated, Belgrano was torpedoed 11 hours after leaving the exclusion zone, was clearly the wrong decision and English men lost their lives because of it!!

Am sure a lot of people will celebrate her demise and rightly so!!

Sponsored Links
“The Argentine ship was away from the area of ​​belligerency, not navigating towards it and not even close to any British units: so it could not have been any threat or danger to the United Kingdom. Torpedoing it was, quite simply, a war crime

Come on Lee, We were technically at war with Argentina. Next you'll be saying Argentina were quite within their rights to attack HMS Ardent,,, HMS Sheffield. ,,HMS Coventry,,, and HMS Glamorgan... Not forgetting Sir Galahad, HMS Antelope, Atlantic Conveyor and HMS Fearless
Is anything justified in war ??

And if people want to bang on about war crimes, perhaps they may want to consider the appalling treatment meted out to their own troops by the Argentinian Officers.

Sponsored Links
Margaret Thatcher was the best prime minester this country has had for a long time, she did what was needed to be done, in difficult times.
Did far more for this country than that idiot Blair, ever did.

Wotan

She did what she wanted to do....not what was needed to be done!

She caused boom and bust economics that destroyed families and turned towns and cities into ghost towns.....caused the massive housing shortage we have today by selling off social housing and stopping councils from building new ones from proceeds.....she was also a war criminal.....selling off our essential industries such as water, gas, electricity and public transport thinking it would make it cheaper for consumers, got that very wrong........ruined Trade Unions and kept unemployment high, actually created the highest rate of unempoyment!......told us that North Sea oil was the investment for this country's future, then sold off the drilling rights!.......The Poll Tax.......Removed Milk for kids at school.......etc etc

In short....she ruined the country, and we are still seeing the damage she caused now!

Margaret Thatcher was the best prime minester this country has had for a long time, she did what was needed to be done, in difficult times.
Did far more for this country than that idiot Blair, ever did.

Wotan

your right she shut down most of the shipyards on the clyde, nearly destroyed my fammily unit. put us homeless due to loss of earning's.

yes wotan the best at killing fammily's throughout scotland.

Dont forget the miners ....that bar steward closed all the pits down now look at the after effects in some of the towns in yorkshire and elsewhere.high unemployment..now we import our coal while there are still rich veins there...also that idiot sold off our utilities and now we are held to ransom by other countries on what we pay for our gas/electric/water ect.......we will have to live with her actions for a very long time

your right she shut down most of the shipyards on the clyde, nearly destroyed my fammily unit. put us homeless due to loss of earning's.

yes wotan the best at killing fammily's throughout scotland.

She only finished what longshanks started.

Could someone explain to me what they envision the UK would look like had Thatcher not done what she had done? For example, would the mines still be operating and what would the coal be used for? Would the housing stock now be significantly bigger and better. Would unemployment be less? Would our relationship with other countries be better?

I don't know and I am curious of the vision of those who berate her legacy have.

You can go back and ask that of each government,in reality blame the labour government before her, if they hadn't cocked it up there would have been no need for her.

Aye. But the question remains as to what people think would be the situation had she not done what she did? Were these things inevitable and if not in the 80's would they have happened in the 90's anyway. If so then why give her stick?

Could someone explain to me what they envision the UK would look like had Thatcher not done what she had done? For example, would the mines still be operating and what would the coal be used for? Would the housing stock now be significantly bigger and better. Would unemployment be less? Would our relationship with other countries be better?

I don't know and I am curious of the vision of those who berate her legacy have.

The coal we import is used to fire the power stations...last year we used over 50million tons of coal and over 40million tons of it was for power stations...so yes the mines would still be open which would employ thousands of men...but instead we import it from another country to fuel our power stations to provide electricity for another foreign firm......you could not make it up could you...I suspect the housing stock would be bigger but look at the situation now ,its a mess

Sponsored Links
Back