i`v taken the plunge

plumber (new blood) said:
but i just cant do the books very well so i`ll have to take some time of work and go on a short course. any advice??? please.
Good to hear you have a mentor, best 'investment' you can have when you start (or growing for that matter). As for courses and training, does your region have a Business Link? Or Learning and skills training centre? (In Kent they work together on this). They might be able to help you with pratical training.

Sponsored Links
So i can do the work and i`am getting stuck in, infact i`am loving it, i thing self-employment suits me, i`am getting loads better at fault finding on appliances, still need the manufactures technical support lines but i`am learning so much and i`am really finding my feet... the only thing is the books...... i ant good with book keeping i don`t no what the hell i`am doing haha. give me a boiler to repair or a system to install and i`ll `do it in no time, but i just cant do the books very well so i`ll have to take some time of work and go on a short course. any advice??? please.

Hi plumber (new blood). Hairyjon here! Any course for bookwork you take time of for will be well worth it as long as it's a 'recognised' one. There is so much we all have to learn at first apart from actually doing the job you are qualified for but it is so important to know how to keep the correct records, particularly when it concerns a) the tax man b) vat,
traceable spare parts in case of claims for faulty goods that are no fault of yours. Good luck bud :D :D

Messed up that quote didn't I!!!! Can someone tell me how to quote part of a comment? :oops: :oops:

Mod 3,

This was missing ;) > [ /quote]

thanks for that hairyjon, in my area (notts) its the N.B.V that help you out this business stuff. i will be getting a grant soon. the N.B.V also do courses on book keeping an that sort of thing so i`ll do some training will them i think, had booked myself on the book keeping course but had to cancell cos i was too busy.

+++ abuse deleted - M.R. +++

Sponsored Links
Whoa there pnb - on what grounds are you insulting the Moz?

hairyjon said:
Messed up that quote didn't I!!!! Can someone tell me how to quote part of a comment? :oops: :oops:

Mod 3,

This was missing ;) > [ /quote]
Thanks MOD3 but please would you take a piece of text and show me without smilies to make it clear. Some of us may not be that good with computers! Ta. P.S.I can even send text messages on my mobile!!!

hairyjon said:
Can someone tell me how to quote part
of a comment?
Click on the
icon_quote.gif
button and have a look at my post to see how I did this.

For example, the following:

[ quote ="Softus" ]quoted[ /quote ]

...with the spaces removed appears as follows:

Softus said:

Softus said:
hairyjon said:
Can someone tell me how to quote part
of a comment?
Click on the
icon_quote.gif
button and have a look at my post to see how I did this.

For example, the following:

...with the spaces removed appears as follows:

Softus said:
Thanks Softus BUT if you click on that there are so many brackets that one does not know weather to type the bracket or if it's part of the site's operating system. Should I give up and use PAD? Pencil Aided Design.!!!!! :oops: :cry: :confused:

OK, so copy and paste the following, verbatim, into your own post:

...then remove all of the spaces in that copied text, and click on the 'Preview' button.

Or use the pre-view button first before submitting your reply to see if there are any remaining errors in the quotes. works a treat for me (most of the time ;))

Useful information here , scroll down to "Quoting and outputting fixed-width text"

plumber (new blood)
"you tit"

Charming ...lol...lol

TUT TUT ....hmmm.....I dont think that was called for ...lol
btw I hope you havent this "angry-young-man-jack-the-lad attitude" with customers as corgi will soon boot you ,lol
btw will look at the exclusions column in RGI for your number ..lol

Softus
Thankyou for the reply ....to this young pups comment ...Im guessing he needs to get a thicker skin if he was upset what I said...
asking for his corgi number ,

just wait til that new PCB he fits starts playing up in that chavs house ,lol

or he gets corgi complaints against him , teehee ;)

Sponsored Links
Back