Ideal Classic FF240 Boiler - Cutting Out

Sponsored Links
I tried calling Daley again this morning and afternoon, as they were going to get back to me regards the pcb.
No answer, even dropped him a text... he pocketed dialled me by accident but failed to reply.

terrywookits question needs answering , its the first thing that needs checking ,

Sponsored Links
still pmsl at it must be board as ignition coil is sparking, that guy has a bright future ahead of himself ,,,,,fitting meters

cast iron heat exchanger cutting off on boiler stat within 5 secs ?

Could it also be the APS, play up by thermal effect? I had one two weeks ago, fan was okay but APS intermittently cuts itself off. I put a link at APS to test, the boiler stayed, so replaced the APS, not been called back.

ok dan even 20 secs on a casting that has only been slightly altered from a gravity classic.
Not saying its not a circulation problem but the boiler basics need checking first

Last edited:
cast iron heat exchanger cutting off on boiler stat within 5 secs ?
Yep classics do that.
Well mibbee 15 seconds as the hex gets hot pretty damn quick.
I've only ever changed one classic hex in 28 years but it was leaking.
It's either the pump or an airlock or pipework blockage.
If hex was blocked the resettable oheat would pop.
It's going off on boiler stat not overheat.
Right I'm away back to see Mickey Mouse. :D

You could also unplug the potentiometer on board which will automatically run boiler at 80deg.
Then unplug the double black lead(stat) which will then run boiler on overheat (95deg not recommended though)
Animal Kingdom today I've been told.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back