If this year is the end of the Tory government, how will you remember them?

Some aspects of it already are. Bit like bus companies - not making enough money. Nationalise and services that can collect more money from usage and that can be used to prop up the ones that don't. I suppose the same could be organised if rail is run by different companies.

Around here an unused platform, tracks and unused stations are being reinstated. Improves local transport and probably influences longer. Levelling up money maybe.

Then comes ghost stations - may relate to future house building. Maybe business movements. Currently trains just rocket through them. LOL one gets 1 stop a day and no one is sure why.

What mustn't happen is subsidies preventing price increase for get votes reason.
ghost trains are to do with the procedure for closing a line or station you have to make a case and show what alternative ways people can complete the same journeys often requiring a permenant replacement service like a taxi on demand for the journey [look up newhaven marine station
] or a bus service at railway cost
so by ghosting it only requires one service a week as not a closure

Sponsored Links
[look up newhaven marine station
The one a TV program went through was different. I stop a day and could be boarded or people could get off. My recollection was that other than that trains just went through without stopping. Station open and not in "decay". The reporter got off. No indication if the service allowed some one to go some where and then come back. ;) The following day.

I mentioned changes in local rail services in B'ham and the Metro - a tram service. Our Tory mayor says all down to me. In the Metro case that is not correct. It's been around for a while and as intended has been extended also converted to battery to avoid supplying power in inner city areas.

Rail - well West Midland Rail The usual consortium of companies run it, It seems some unused tracks will be bought back into operation also stations which in some cases may need to be built. This appears to be aimed at local travel which is pretty well covered by buses but train will be quicker. ;) Sounds like a good idea that I can put down to the Tory but don't think it took much from the mayor to start doing it. I assume levelling up money will be used. There had been talk of EU money being used.

What these don't really fix is a bit like the London problem. B'ham have people come in to work from surrounding areas and the feeder roads all of them get congested, Motorway in some areas as well. Unless some one is a shop assistant they may well find using a bus is good idea to get where they want to actually go even if they use the tram or rail services. Me well, retired, The extended train services may get used especially to get into to one car unfriendly borough. Some interesting shops. I usually use it's residential "ring road" and avoid the centre like the plague.

Sponsored Links
Back