If this year is the end of the Tory government, how will you remember them?

The government that managed a pandemic, a war in Europe, and got rid of the best prime minister for 30modd years for eating cake!

Sponsored Links
You're accusing me of ignoring the context of my own post? I think this might be a first.

If you post a known falsehood without stating that it was known to be false, "ignoring the context of your own post" is a generous way of describing it.

You either knew it to be an unfounded accusation, or you didn't (that you could have easily looked it up though, is by the by).

What were you trying to imply, by posting a known falsehood at all, let alone without making it clear that it was false?

Sponsored Links
I think this lot of tories is the least electable party we've had for as long as I can remember. Run close by Foot and Corbyn, though.

Hooray for Tory cuts

"UK plans to squeeze disability benefits in bid to cut soaring welfare bill"

FT.com

"UK plans to squeeze disability benefits in bid to cut soaring welfare bill"
Again - the last attempt didn't work out well at all. Trying to asses all people receiving it. Plans is an interesting word. From posts on here you can see it might gain them some votes. Also as mentioned some will assume there must be scope with no idea of how much.

Mental health and treatment. Interesting fact, people in need of it finding it hard to get.

Again - the last attempt didn't work out well at all. Trying to asses all people receiving it. Plans is an interesting word. From posts on here you can see it might gain them some votes. Also as mentioned some will assume there must be scope with no idea of how much.

Mental health and treatment. Interesting fact, people in need of it finding it hard to get.
And there it is

We've not really had a Tory government for the last 14 years. We had a Con/Lib coalition, and then we've had a series of centrist liberals as prime minsters, none of whom have been effective. The only prime minister who could claim to be conservative was Liz Truss, and she tried to do too much too quickly, hence the short tenure.

Centrist liberals.

Give over.

The best they've given us was the coalition, I agree on that. They were roped in a bit

...you can see it might gain them some votes....

Only from the dedicated elderly far right. It will drive away others.

"Age will continue to be the key dividing line at the general election.

The Tories are now the most popular party only among the over-70s, 43% of whom back the party. This is down from 67% in 2019, however, with Labour being the main beneficiaries, having increased their vote share among the oldest Britons from 14% to 23%.

Britons in their 60s are split, with 33% backing Labour and 31% the Conservatives. The majority of Britons under-50 now say they will vote Labour."

yougov

It will be interesting to see if Sunak starts nationalising sewage and water before the election.

Railways are now on the agenda
Some aspects of it already are. Bit like bus companies - not making enough money. Nationalise and services that can collect more money from usage and that can be used to prop up the ones that don't. I suppose the same could be organised if rail is run by different companies.

Around here an unused platform, tracks and unused stations are being reinstated. Improves local transport and probably influences longer. Levelling up money maybe.

Then comes ghost stations - may relate to future house building. Maybe business movements. Currently trains just rocket through them. LOL one gets 1 stop a day and no one is sure why.

What mustn't happen is subsidies preventing price increase for get votes reason.

Where there are national benefits from subsidising rail transport, all countries do it.

Have you ever travelled on Swiss trains?

The Conservative shambles has resulted in bigger subsidies than in British Rail days, and a worse service.

Sponsored Links
Back