Immigration Crisis

There is no requirement in the UK to register small ships under 24m, these are French laws being discussed. In the UK the register is voluntary unless you are planning to use the craft on inland water ways or commercially. TBH its worth the bother for the small fee (see Small Ships Register Part 3) as its a lot easier if you take your boat out of inshore waters.

In France anything up to 2.5M/6.1hp is exempt. That is your typical tender designed to get you to your swing mooring or ashore from an anchor. The Vessels being used to illegally traffick migrants are typically over 6-8m with 15hp motors and designed to carry at least 12-30 passengers. In the UK (as well as France) these are classed as passenger vessels. They need to be commercially coded and operated by a commercially endorsed skipper.
One minute you suggest that the boats are custom made, or adapted, then you claim that they're designed for that amount of passengers.
Now you claim to know the exact specification of these boats. Talk of making it up as you go along. It fits exactly. :rolleyes:

But at the end of the day, your arguments are aimed at the "skipper" or the "master" of these boats, There is no skipper or master so your arguments are invalid.

Sponsored Links
On a different point I actually feel sorry for this illegal imigrant

He was honest and it didn't work out too well for him.
He could raise the money for his passage, but he couldn't raise the money for his father's medical treatment?
Now he owes the money for his passage, and still no money for his father's medical treatment.

Let's ponder why so many feel the need to travel in dangerous conditions to claim asylum...........

but we cant accommodate them in the UK
But we need immigration.
Are we going to reject all and sundry, simply on their origin?
Or should we have a fair, efficient, relatively speedy visa process?

The current process depends on several criteria, all of which puts semi-skilled or unskilled workforce outside of that criteria.

LOL

Every cloud .......

1669029420007.png

Sponsored Links
He could raise the money for his passage, but he couldn't raise the money for his father's medical treatment?
Now he owes the money for his passage, and still no money for his father's medical treatment.

Let's ponder why so many feel the need to travel in dangerous conditions to claim asylum...........
or we can wonder why he didn't use the money for his father's treatment in the first place and save himself a wasted trip...

They need to be commercially coded and operated by a commercially endorsed skipper.
Fine but a smuggler isn't going to be bothered about that. They will also want their money before the actual crossing if they are involved earlier in the trip here. You seem to be trying to blame the French to me. They have their own asylum seekers. What to do with ours? All EU countries have their arrivals. The channel means ours collect in France. Then comes the convention that all follow even us. Say all scrap the convention. That needn't prevent arrivals. What to do with them and who pays? Can Rwanda take 1,000's. I very much doubt it. The posh accommodation shown would soon fill up. It could be a place to send rejects. Depends on the numbers.

A factor that some Tory freely admit. They know that some arrivals will be granted asylum or leave to stay. All down to the convention. Anyway what to do with kids. You may have noticed via the news that there is a fair number of them involved. Women, men? The convention means that if from the right place they will be granted asylum. Family aspects may result in leave to stay. The Albanians are a side show really. Makes good news on a subject that has been made contentious. Should be easy to handle - send them back but I ask again why is it that some get to stay?

So all types arrive. What to do. Look after them or allow them to live on the streets or even disappear. These boat people are a bit of a better option than other methods that have been used - truck loads disappearing into the black economy. There have been amnesty periods to get them out of it. That route is now handled in Calais so doesn't seem to be used very often. The culprits that do it are not Kurds but they may have been involved in part of the trip. Other nationalities figure as well.

The BBC interviewed one real asylum seeker now here and working. He described the trip. As kept hidden one way or another he has no idea of where he has been. One part included a flight then being stuck in a building until he was collected to be moved on. Some of the cost of his trip probably disappears as bribes. A human weakness.

The French. Monitor with drones. How many miles of coast. How many hours a day. Fine but that still leaves the people and what to do with them. I suppose some return to camps and try again later. Who feeds them Pass I have no idea but without it simple they die. Same when they are here so they get a controlled and monitored amount of cash to support that aspect. It's not much. Increased prices will make it even less. I wonder if that will crop up?

One real current problem is the time taken to process them. It's crazy. I'm not going to bother finding a graph I posted again showing the decline. Speed that up and accommodation needs decline as do support costs. Deportations increase as well. Where to does have it's implications though which is why people get asylum. Once accepted they can work.

So anti people wise up. What is really needed for you is the UK to throw out the convention completely and deport all arrivals. Frankly I don't think that will happen.

I visited Albania in 2002 (Saranda), it was a real eye opener -it was in a terrible state, clearly extremely poor -it looked like images from USSR in communist times.
Things appear to have improved in a number of areas but not jobs or salaries. ;) When I attempted to drive all the way to Greece advice was to stay out of the place as it was too dangerous. Tito's communism though was pretty impressive. That was in the 70's, ;) I'm sure I we were followed and even stopped at times by some form of security people. :) The youth hostel was the best I have ever stayed in. A caravan holiday park complete with decent food. Some German ones left by Hitler were also pretty good. Austria less so.

Have you the figures for all these women and children?
Some numbers have been mentioned on the news recently relating to the overload. If you look these and others will be around somewhere or the other. However a more significant problem is likely to be true asylum seekers. What to do with them. I mentioned women and kids as they do arrive as well.

Rwanda is in the news at the moment. Supporting rebels in another country. It's an odd choice in some ways. It's questionable if any similar countries are really safe or will remain so. I can't see them accepting the numbers anyway.

Different attitude. The Netherlands's reception area was overloaded recently. They just handled it. Several nationals interviewed. Worst comment made was an increase in shop lifting. The bloke didn't seem to be that bothered about it. Ours get an unusual credit card. It's monitored.

Here EU talks and Farage have stirred up the entire immigration area. This seems to have prevented some from seeing the true nature of the problem that applies to all European countries. The convention. Cruella now pointing out that there is no silver bullet is rather late. An earlier one was can't we make waves in the channel. Nobody can be that stupid to think it's a solution. The trip involves dangers - yes it does but that doesn't stop people using it.

Take Abanians of total numbers rather than just mentioning them. Smugglers may have found there is more money in it.

This has info on a number of aspects up to 2019

There may be gov info somewhere. More here but obtained via freedom of information - odd that isn't it

Think the numbers speak for themselves, men are more cowardly than women?
Wonder if a freedom of information request for the numbers involved dodging conscription would be forthcoming.

Think the numbers speak for themselves, men are more cowardly than women?
it proves the opposite, the men are the ones prepared to take the risks

it is women, children and the elderly who are less able to cope with the arduous journey

He was no doubt suckered in by claims of a land of milk and honey and a country keen to welcome him, feed him, house him and give him money for free. He probably didn't understand that he'd have to falsely claim asylum and opted to be honest to people who had initially treated him well.

I feel sorry for him because his case is no different to many, but he opted for honesty and got deported and banned.

The point I'm making is these illegals are all committing criminal offences while residing in France and we know the French authorities are happy to fine ex-pats for Schengen violations, so why turn a blind eye some days to illegal immigrants. You seem to think France has no blame in the growth of these illegals
One minute you suggest that the boats are custom made, or adapted, then you claim that they're designed for that amount of passengers.
Now you claim to know the exact specification of these boats. Talk of making it up as you go along. It fits exactly. :rolleyes:

But at the end of the day, your arguments are aimed at the "skipper" or the "master" of these boats, There is no skipper or master so your arguments are invalid.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to add up 450-600mm (avg width of a human adult) x 15-16 x 2 (the configuration) Plus another 800-1200 for the bow and the same again for the stern pontoon sections abaft the transom (where the motor sits) and we have minimum dimensions of 8M.

Of course if they are not guilty of any crimes why would the French police use tier gas to intercept them?

Sponsored Links
Back