Intergas...but which...

Sponsored Links
The Titanic was not supposed to sink. Are you familiar with Murphy's Law?
Murphy's law applies to every boiler if all safety devices fail at the same time... The Titanic was never designed to be unsinkable, it was only claimed to be unsinkable.

Not sure how a Hall effect sensor could fail in such a way that it continues to send pulses, they don't have epileptic fits as far as I'm aware??
Is that comfirmation that the flow sensor is pulsing type of sensor.
Or is it still a paddle type switch with magnet and a two wire Hall or reed sensor
Then there is a paddle flow switch which we already know has a habit of sticking and most manufacturers stopped using 10yrs+ ago,
Not verified as accurate.

It's a turbine with a Hall effect sensor. It used to be a paddle several years ago and they could stick if dirt came in from the main but there are no reports of it ever leading to a situation where it became unsafe.

In fact the ability to turn off the water side in the software meant punters still had heating and some hot water

Sponsored Links
It's a turbine with a Hall effect sensor.
So are you confirming that the output is pulsed and the control system requires pulses to determine "flow" and recognises either static state as "no flow"
There are Hall effect devices that give a steady ON state when the magnetic field is varying as would be produced by a turbine

but there are no reports of it ever leading to a situation where it became unsafe.
If there was a false indication of flow and the boiler fired up then when the thermal mass was heated without cooling water flowing through it the over heat sensor would eventually operate and shut the boiler down.

Fail to on numbnuts. I said, fail to on.
Razor900 has explained how the flow detection system ( sensor and pulse counting logic in the control system ) may be fail safe.

I wonder how efficient the one with the built in recovery unit is - or perhaps I already know

It's really rather impressive isn't it? Mark had the KIWA certificate with him last time I saw him, the numbers are astonishing. Looking forward to finding somewhere to fit one :D

I've already taken one completely to bits and I do mean completely. It's a thing of beauty (y)

Then I was told we weren't supposed to touch it until training :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

So are you confirming that the output is pulsed and the control system requires pulses to determine "flow" and recognises either static state as "no flow"
There are Hall effect devices that give a steady ON state when the magnetic field is varying as would be produced by a turbine

It counts the pulses to give a reference value for the hot water. If it was just an on/off switch it would fire at full rate causing a hot slug until the sensor on the dhw pipe picked the temp up. This way it knows that the flow is (for instance) only 4 litres so it will choose an initial power setting that is likely to be correct.

With the remote management we can even see how many litres a minute the boiler is producing live from anywhere with an internet connection........

Honest questions will always get you better answers than pontificating and making statements intended to inflame. There are probably the two people that know the most about these boilers in the UK posting in this thread - and I freely admit I'm not the top one ;)

Or you could just buy the new water heater that Intergas are not far off launching ;)
Here its is:
45kW = 21 litres per minute @ 20 degree temp rise.
60kW = 26 litres per minute
About the same as Rinnai who are ultra reliable. Rinnai make one that can be mounted outside, saving space inside a house. I don't know about price. I see they have a built-in blending valve. The heat exchanger looks a lot more efficient than the combi on DHW. According to the vid it should be on sale by now.

The new Intergas HRX. Is this for sale yet? It comes in 24kW, 30 and 36. Litres per min for hot water are: 12, 14 and 16 respectively. But he does not say what temp' rise. If 35C then it falkl in line wityh the Ferroli, so they are catching up. The heat exchanger looks more advanced. How `bombproof`, we shall see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back