Intergas Eco RF vs HRE

Telegram from a hunting lodge in India to a house in Berkshire

Written on paper. carried on horse back to the railway telegraph operator. Morse code by railway telegraph to the railway station in a city, back onto paper for the short journey to the Post Office International Telegraphic Office in that city. Morse Code on Short Wave Radio to the UK. 5 bit Baudot code via Telex from the GPO receiving station to the Berkshire Telegraph office. Then by speech on the telephone to the village telephone operator. Written onto a Telegram Form and carried by a boy on a bike to the house.

I used Dutch to humour Dan with his fixation for Intergas but your analogy is akin to a Vokera boiler using OpenTherm changed to ebus from a Vaillant, then KM bus for Veissmann to whatever Ariston them Worcester use then CAN bus to 0-10v back to OpenTherm.

I try to keep things as simple as possible.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
He’s dancing, he really is. Listening to his demodulator

It is far from amusing when the cost per month of heating the house is far greater than the cost per month that the salesman / installer predicted using the the test house figures

FFS Bernie... I've wasted more money down the back of the pan! And anyone who's lived a life has likely done similar :rolleyes:

I've wasted more money down the back of the pan!

May be you can afford that wastage, some people cannot afford wastage..

It is not so bad when the savings from the new boiler are not as large as predicted. It is at least some reduction in cost,

There are cases where the costs of running a new boiler are higher that the costs of running the old boiler. ( Often this involves a change of system as well as boiler. The new system may be the wrong system for the type of property and an increase in water use / wastage ).

There are cases where the costs of running a new boiler are higher that the costs of running the old boiler. ( Often this involves a change of system as well as boiler. The new system may be the wrong system for the type of property and an increase in water use / wastage ).
I have seen that. An old 55% efficient cast iron boiler on a three zone system with time clocks for each zone. When parts of the building were unoccupied they were not heated. The whole of the old system was stripped out fitted with one heating zone complete with a new 85% efficient boiler. The gas bills were higher as parts of the building were being heated unnecessarily. The heating coil in the cylinder was not a high efficient coil either. The heat generator, the boiler, is just one part of the system.

I split a relatives system in a large 5 bedroom detached house into two heating zones - they had a floor standing cast-iron boiler in the garage. Next door changed their boiler for a small more efficient wall mounted job, still retaining one heating zone. Yet next door still used more gas. Only heating parts of a house you need to heat, saves a lot of money.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back