Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would argue that it is racism.
Some apparently would disagree.
upload_2019-2-25_9-1-5.png

p.s. We might need to keep the thread amusing, so respond accordingly, please.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I think it is. The Nazis saw the Jews as a race, hated them and tried to exterminate them. They didn't check if they were religious, they murdered secular Jews too, so it wasn't about religion.

Sponsored Links
2 threads deleted, 1 locked. I guess Himmy isn't very bright.

10/10 for persistence though!

Yes, I think it is. The Nazis saw the Jews as a race, hated them and tried to exterminate them. They didn't check if they were religious, they murdered secular Jews too, so it wasn't about religion.
Nazis hated everyone except blonde Germans.

Keep the thread amusing!!!..... you are one step away from your Mentor BAS,,in the "no sense of humour"league.
His comment was the most amusing part of his post coming from him!

Yeah, let's talk about the amusing subject of racism. Isn't that an oxymoron?

I think he wants to call everyone racists. Then he gets his rocks off.
I will identify racists as racist. As should we all.
That doesn't include everyone by any stretch of the imagination.
It does include those who try to prevent the identifying of racism, especially those who cannot identify it themselves.

As you can't or won't provide your interpretation of what you consider racism to be, you are in no position to criticise who or what is racist.
By deduction, you cannot complain about those who do identify racism.

As BAS said in a previous thread, you want to determine what isn't racism, (pretty much everything as I see it) but you won't or can't provide your interpretation of what you think is racism.

Last edited:
As no-one has denied that anti-Semitism is racist, we must assume it is.
Thus, clearly I was absolutely correct.
View attachment 159843

Despite ELFImpudence claimed expertise in being able to identify what is and isn't racism, he thinks that anti-Semitism isn't racism.

Last edited:
View attachment 159843

Why do you always get hold of the wrong end of the stick.
You really are like Donald Trump. You spout whatever accusations you like because of a fundament inability to understand what people are saying.

My thread was about the definition of "anti-semitism" and agreed with the author of this article.
https://www.counterpunch.org/2003/07/11/semitic-is-a-language-group-not-a-race-or-ethnic-group/

You say it is racism - presumably you are using your all-encompassing definition of racism which can apply to everything - therefore it must be racism.
Obviously anti-semitism can be racist if perpetrating racist acts.

The point about the use of "anti-semitism" today is that it has been hi-jacked to be the sole preserve of Jews and any criticism of Jews, Israel or Zionism is greeted with cries of anti-semitism which that criticism might not be. This cannot be correct because not all Jews are semitic and not all semites are Jewish or Israeli.

Support for Palestinians is demonised as anti-semitic - yet many Palestinians are semitic.

It's not easy to think of an equivalent but it is like any criticism of Plaid Cymru is anti-celtic disregarding the fact that many other peoples are Celtic.

Plus, of course, any criticism cannot be racist (whatever the definition) if that criticism is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back