1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it me, or are there more......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CBW, 3 Sep 2021.

1. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    ...... idiot arrogant drivers on the roads these days? I tend to see more and more red light jumpers, people overtaking others to “get ahead”, speeding, undertaking, mobile phone usage. Perhaps I’m paying more attention these days because of these other drivers?

Edit: Both male and female drivers btw, young, Middle Aged and older.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2021
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. ReganAndCarter

ReganAndCarter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There aren't any police about, they rely on speed cameras and red light cameras. When I started on the roads early 80s, you always had to look out for panda cars especially at night hidden in side roads.

Remember when I was on my motorcycle one night. When I pulled away from where I was parked because the street lights were so bright I forgot to put my lights on. I had barely travelled 100ft before I got pulled over and given a friendly lecture about the benefits of illumination at night. Would never happen now, I reckon I could travel many miles without being troubled for having no lights or any other motoring offence.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You want to try riding a motorcycle between two lanes of slow moving traffic on the A13 in the evening rush hour on a summer evening when people are driving with their windows open. I’d estimate every 30th car has a driver having a puff on weed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Notch7

Notch7

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Turkish barbers.

6. ReganAndCarter

ReganAndCarter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, it's really blatant now. Can often smell it when I walk past the flats down the road. Also, kids were puffing away sitting in the middle of the precinct other day in broad daylight. Horrible smell.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And restaurants! Every other restaurant that opens in Essex seems to be a Turkish.

8. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What about them? - are you saying these are the drivers, the weed smokers or both?

9. Lazzy

Lazzy

Thanks Received:
    Bouvet Island
    You want to try riding a bike. When you overtake us give us some room and stop effing speeding.

10. Sponsored Links
  11. Ihavenojob

Ihavenojob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    People are sending dash cam footage to plod, they will and do prosecute on the evidence of it. Gives them more time for coffee and doughnuts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bodd

Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Yes lots of Turks my way now...

13. Bodd

Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is this happening?

14. Bodd

Bodd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Agree. Not just bad drivers people of all sorts think they can do what they want now...... Someone needs to get a grip before we side down to a 3rd world country.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. diy_fun_uk

diy_fun_uk

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's not just you. I've been driving for 30ish years and have definitely noticed a change. Yes, there have always been idiots on the roads but it's definitely increased. And, for daring to want to drive +/- 5mph within the speed limit, I seem to be in an ever decreasing minority. I notice this especially within built up areas. Folk darting about everywhere, no patience, tailgating left right and centre. If I dare to sit at 35 in a 30, I'm almost guaranteed to get someone sitting on my ar5e and you can sense the impatience emanating from their vehicle. Or heaven forbid you slow down to turn into a junction! Surely we've all experienced the dirty look from the vehicle behind and/or witnessed them pulling out into the opposing lane so they don't have to slow down.

It can be summarised as 'no patience' and is an increasing trait of today's society.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. Ihavenojob

Ihavenojob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There are more and more people putting dashcam footage on Youtube now.
    If plod can identify someone from it then they can prosecute, we see that happening too.

Cycling Mikey seems to be quite commonly getting car drivers prosecuted based on his filming.

Yes drivers are getting worse, there seems to be no punishment for jumping red lights or ignoring people on zebra crossings etc.

It's a mad mad world out there and ya gotta do what you can to get home safely... :)

• Like Like x 2