Jeremy Clarkson Comment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What has Clarkson got to apologise about for the Brown Comment?.

Brown is One Eyed
He is Scottish
And He is an IDIOT

Sponsored Links
Would you make fun of someone's disability?

I'm quite deaf in both ears. I also have suffered in the past with what doctors then described as "slight spasticity".

Would you call me a deaf spastic?

are you saying being scottish is a disability? ;)

it's a bit different saying someones got one eye, is scottish and an idiot as opposed to calling someone a deaf spastic, especially as you're only hard of hearing and don't have that 'slight spasticity' at the moment.

everything's offensive to someone these days, it gets so dull how so much rubbish makes the news, that's why i rarely listen to, watch or read the news.

it's easy to slate someone for a comment - there's the band wagon people, jump on - and criticise anyone who isn't always perfectly politically correct i.e someone who actually has an opinion

i'd call brown an arrogant incompetent ****

i'm sure if you try hard enough you can offend someone somehow by saying just about anything!

since when, has having a pop at a politician, been regarded offensive? :LOL:

Clarkson will always be offending someone somewhere, he dumbs nothing down and can always be relied upon for his acerbic whit.

i wonder how many Scots were genuinely offended, it seems like bandwaggoning to me.

Sponsored Links
Could call you anything we wanted Secure . As you would not hear us and if you did you would fall over if you chased us

Would you make fun of someone's disability?

I'm quite deaf in both ears. I also have suffered in the past with what doctors then described as "slight spasticity".

Would you call me a deaf spastic?

No body is making fun of Brown - just stating three very obvious facts.
I am sure the description of Heather Mills being :-
A one Leggged, Money Grabbing , B*tch, would be equally accurate.
I wear spectacles and being referred to as four eyse does not offend me. Although believe me I haven't got four eyes. If I were totally blind, I would not be offended by someone referring to me as blind. What is the problem with accurate descriptions. Visually challenged is not accurate enough.
Brown IS a One Eyed, Scottish, Idiot . So where is the problem with accurate descriptions apart from the PC lobby who don't like accurate truths.

clarkson is right to say what he thinks. The country would be a better place if more done the same.

His comments are meaningless coming from the big t*** he is anyway :rolleyes:

Jezza might be a bit of a buffoon, but he has got some good points;

A) He thumps hoodies

B) He says what most right thinking people think - Gordon IS a moron

C) He annoys the hell out of the green Nazi zealots

Jezza might be a bit of a buffoon, but he has got some good points;

A) He thumps hoodies

B) He says what most right thinking people think - Gordon IS a moron

C) He annoys the hell out of the green Nazi zealots

My wife spends all my money, is Scottish and according to her "one eye doesnt open as much as the other (were talking 1mm at most here!)

She agreed with Jeremy. Most sane people will.

He could have said a whole lot worse and got away with it if he was a politition (sic). Read the papers on the French 'gentleman' who really put the boot in. Typical French way.

Dave (the 'hoodie beater') :D

Is Gordon Brown Scottish? - Yes.
Has he got One Eye? - Yes :rolleyes: but what's that got to do with the price of Cheese?
Is Gordon Brown an idiot? - I think that is probably something we will judge in the fullness of time.

It's a bit rich really, Jeremy Clarkson calling a guy who runs a country an idiot. I mean, yeah coz you're a real Genius aren't ya Clarkson? :rolleyes: Glass Houses & Stone Throwing come to mind.

I don't wanna hear all the Clap Trap about how good or bad a job Brown is doing of running the country. Clarkson is a Journalist/Presenter. We could debate how good or bad a Journalist/Presenter he is but I cannot be bothered! Everyone has an opinion either way. Personally I don't like Clarkson, I'm no fan of Gordon Brown, but I accept that some do like Clarkson (some like Brown). What I don't agree with however is that Clarkson can abuse his celebrity to go around insulting people. It's a cheap shot. The 'idiot' bit I couldn't care less about. The Scottish bit... does ANYBODY care? But the 'One Eyed' bit is just uncalled for. We all know... I retract that, those of us with any intelligence and decency, know that the context and manner in which he made the remarks was done maliciously. Clarkson frequently makes remarks such as this because he knows it will provoke a reaction both positive and negative, as this thread bares witness. Indeed he has made a very good living out of his comments. He's no 'idiot'. He knows how to drive the media machine (no pun intended), to perpetuate his presence in the entertainment world. As the saying goes... 'There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary!'

Could call you anything we wanted Secure . As you would not hear us and if you did you would fall over if you chased us
Would you make those comments to someone with severe Spasticity? Would you make those comments to the face of someone who suffers from any form of Spasticity?

The Scottish bit... does ANYBODY care?

Did you notice that Clarkson said that 'In England we have this one-eyed Scottish idiot'. He was obliquely referring to the resentment widely felt that the UK government has (some feel) a disproportionate number of Scottish ministers, and that Labour would not have won the last election without its Scottish MPs, returned from smaller constituencies than those in England, that Scotland has its own parliament, but sends Scottish MPs to Westminster to vote on laws affecting England, that the Barnet formula annually awards higher per capita amounts of money to Scotland than to England.

Clarkson is outspoken and loud mouthed, which is a main part of his appeal to many. But he's not stupid. In using this shorthand, he was bringing up a number of problems which many people care very much about.

Sponsored Links
Back