Jimmy Saville

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this self appointed "shock Jock" expert has genuine evidence, why has he not presented it to the relevant authorities instead of showing it it - for a large wedge - on TV ??

Victims my arse.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You have no idea of any details and the number of people involved
Nor do you yet. Assuming for the sake of argument that he was a paedo then of course it matters. To his victims if no one else.
Plus, as chapaeu has said he'd heard these tales years ago, the question needs to be asked why it didn't come to light earlier.
If people have been covering up for him because he was a good fund raiser, thus allowing him to carry on regardless, then that's scandalous.
With respect, chapeau has a tendency to make unsubstantiated and ill-researched claims and as such many of his "headline" statements should be taken with a pinch of salt or at least viewed with suspicion.

I am fully aware that somewhere within the current psyche of discussion lay that spectre of the Hillsborough report and we are likely to be stilted with suspicions of-establishment cover-ups as a consequence. However, I am of the opinion that Saville has never been proven to be a paedophile; allegations have never been tried in court and his victims have curiously remained silent throughout his declining years when his powers and influences had gone and the opportunity to set the record straight was more than available.

Why some journalist is trying to make a name for himself and over-inflate his importance is self evident. Those who took part in this posthumous witchunt and overstate their case have questionable motives IMO.

Hit the nail right on the head.
Sensible well balanced guy Calo.

Good job hanging was abolished- or there would be plenty of people hanged before they were arrested !! if- some of the people making comments on here had a say in it.

From some of your comments you seem to have as much sympathy for the abuser as the abused in these cases.
IF Saville was an abuser then it's right he should be exposed as one,
By all accounts there are numerous victims with similar stories as well as witnesses.
Perhaps we should wait to see what they have to say.
It's funny how some people don't like their idols to be shown to have feet of clay.

Did you read that in the SUN today sooey ?.

The people who bought his memrobilla at the auction should be worried the value is going to plummet if this is true !!!!! . Nearly decided to bid on a jim'll fix it badge as well glad I didnt now :LOL:

Aww- but I bet you saved all your bidding money for the SHELL SUITS ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Take Robert Maxwell. It was well known in newpaper circles what he was upto before he died, but his lawyers were very good at stopping any of it getting out. It was only after he lobbed of the back of his boat (paid for by the pensioners at the businesses he ran) was it safe to tell the truth. The Private Eye touched on it but even they couldn't tell the story while he could sue for libel.

Oh no another sensible debate and here comes peterpenis to bore everyone.... go and read the s@n ....there is some really good lies in there..anyhow back on topic apparantly there is 5 victims that are to be aired on wed night but how may hav NOT come forward ???....I would be suspicious of one telling the story but there are 5 ...its getting aired on wed 11.10pm ITV1

.anyhow back on topic apparantly there is 5 victims that are to be aired on wed night but how may hav NOT come forward ???....I would be suspicious of one telling the story but there are 5 ...its getting aired on wed 11.10pm ITV1
I read that Saville's nephew is pretty hacked off by all these allegations being made against his dead uncle who is obviously unable to refute them. One can only hope that non of these 5 are actually telling lies for their own reasons, and that their claims have been researched as much as possible to validate their plausibility.

Suppose, purely for the sake of argument, that this is all a load of tripe and that they end up exaggerating and/or completely fabricate their stories for their 15 minutes of fame and, on the back of this, the charities that Saville setup suffer financially and this has an adverse effect on the people which these charities help.

Would it have been worth it then?

Oh no another sensible debate and here comes peterpenis to bore everyone.... go and read the s@n ....there is some really good lies in there..anyhow back on topic apparantly there is 5 victims that are to be aired on wed night but how may hav NOT come forward ???....I would be suspicious of one telling the story but there are 5 ...its getting aired on wed 11.10pm ITV1

You just have to make your own mind up Bodgy. (if that's possible).
Off for a bath now . :)

.anyhow back on topic apparantly there is 5 victims that are to be aired on wed night but how may hav NOT come forward ???....I would be suspicious of one telling the story but there are 5 ...its getting aired on wed 11.10pm ITV1
I read that Saville's nephew is pretty hacked off by all these allegations being made against his dead uncle who is obviously unable to refute them. One can only hope that non of these 5 are actually telling lies for their own reasons, and that their claims have been researched as much as possible to validate their plausibility.

Suppose, purely for the sake of argument, that this is all a load of tripe and that they end up exaggerating and/or completely fabricate their stories for their 15 minutes of fame and, on the back of this, the charities that Saville setup suffer financially and this has an adverse effect on the people which these charities help.

Would it have been worth it then?

If these 5 are telling lies then they need to be punished for it...but as you the charities could be a big loser in this situation but to me if he is guilty the truth has to come out, let us wait and see the programme but if there are 5 of them coming forward that is amazing.

If you have nothing sensible to say keep quiet....mods we have a ignore button , can we aslo have a village idiot button for this fool

So if Saville was alive he'd put his hands up and say "Yes I did it, you got me bang to rights Guv." (and ows about that then).

If you have nothing sensible to say keep quiet....mods we have a ignore button , can we aslo have a village idiot button for this fool

Yes- you have a ignore button-- why not use it ? donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back