London demos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitty and vallance.
Only concerned with protecting their reputations. 30 years ago a pair of idiots like that would never have been wheeled out.

Sponsored Links
Correct.
About 150,000 every day. And very few of them from covid.
As Mr Trump says.. "Don't be afraid".

Yes 150,000 people die each day.....deaths that are unavoidable

In a pandemic it's 150,000 + Covid deaths, deaths which are avoidable.

Scaremongering nonsense.
Like what we have seen from the very start from the jobsworths desperate to protect their own backs at the expense of others.
The scamdemic rolls on.

That fact that you will still call it a scamdemic even if it kills everybody in the world shows quite clearly that you are totally out of touch with reality.

At least you're entertaining.

It's not going to kill everybody in the world.

Accept there are other views (other than Ryler, as well) on the handling of the pandemic and they might be correct.

No one in Britain knows how many have died from Covid.
If there are 60,000 excess deaths, are they all Covid?
Or two-thirds Covid?
Or one third Covid?

If not all Covid, then what about the others - who might actually be the majority killed by the measures taken?

Sponsored Links
Yes, that is all very true, but to suggest it is not happening, is not dangerous, and we should all go back to normal, is just plain daft. And the fact that more people are starting to say this means more people are likely to believe it and not follow government / health expert advice.

But, if it did kill everybody, they still would call it a scamdemic and hoax, because they refuse to believe any evidence shown to them.

Yes, that is all very true, but to suggest it is not happening, is not dangerous, and we should all go back to normal, is just plain daft. And the fact that more people are starting to say this means more people are likely to believe it and not follow government / health expert advice.
No one is saying it is not happening; just that the measures taken are not justified nor appropriate and herd immunity is the only way.

You must believe Professor Ferguson has saved 460,000 lives and is a hero - not to mention his original (I think) prediction of 1,500,000 deaths in Britain.

But, if it did kill everybody, they still would call it a scamdemic and hoax, because they refuse to believe any evidence shown to them.
I don't think that is possible.

Talking of Neil Ferguson........

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ooner-later-says-former-adviser-neil-ferguson

I wonder if he will include himself in the "not mixing of separate households" measure?
Two weeks ago, and our number of positive tests is way above march, although the real numbers were much higher in march than now.

Sounds like he was right again. The rate of infections has been shooting up, Boris has announced some measures (half hearted or not) and the next two weeks aren't looking great.

Then again it didn't really need a PhD to see this coming.

No one is saying it is not happening; just that the measures taken are not justified nor appropriate and herd immunity is the only way.

OK ,but my question was, and still is, those that call it a hoax / scamdemic, at what point will they revaluate their opinion.

Initially, the argument was that it is not as bad as seasonal flu, but it has already killed around twice as many people as die from flu each year.

Initially people said that it only affected old people about to die anyway. But we have seen 620 NHS staff and social care workers die, along with other frontline workers, such as taxi drivers, teachers and shop workers. None of these people would have died from flu.

But, we still get people saying its a hoax, that it is not dangerous, that masks and ppe are there to control us and take away our liberties.

It's turning into a joke and it's about time all social media and news platforms took action to stop the lies spreading.

It's turning into a joke and it's about time all social media and news platforms took action to stop the lies spreading.
A slippery slope...

Who determines what is a lie and what is a valid piece of information?

OK ,but my question was, and still is, those that call it a hoax / scamdemic, at what point will they revaluate their opinion.
Does the same not apply to you?

Initially, the argument was that it is not as bad as seasonal flu, but it has already killed around twice as many people as die from flu each year.
I think it would be more accurate to liken it to a bad seasonal flu; not an average.
There has been over-counting; there would be wouldn't there so you don't know how many really - then as I said that leaves the other excess deaths.

Initially people said that it only affected old people about to die anyway. But we have seen 620 NHS staff and social care workers die, along with other frontline workers, such as taxi drivers, teachers and shop workers. None of these people would have died from flu.
Well, presumably some would have.

But, we still get people saying its a hoax, that it is not dangerous, that masks and ppe are there to control us and take away our liberties.
I don't think they are saying that in the manner you state.
They are saying that there is an ulterior motive and the pandemic is being used as the excuse and it is not as dangerous as thought.
Do you want to have to wear a mask permanently to control other diseases?

It is just as valid to say the converse and it is about time those lies stopped.

You just don't agree.

Plus, of course, there are all the contradictions which do not inspire confidence (yes, I know it's new but it's a virus) from disreputable politicians.

A few on here are up for it.
Yep, 'armchair microbiologists' who have made up their minds and shall not be swayed by any 'evidence' that comes their way...

But then again, that is another question...

Which/whose 'evidence' do we believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back