Low numbers today.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In Chelmsford, Basildon and Thurrock hospitals they have a total of just 8 patients between them being treated for Covid today.

Sponsored Links
Either got better or died I suppose but the point is, the number of patients being treated for Covid is going down. Maybe all 8 died and we have a new four? I only know the numbers being treated. Either way, I think it’s still a low number considering the area covered.

Sponsored Links
Either got better or died I suppose but the point is, the number of patients being treated for Covid is going down. Maybe all 8 died and we have a new four? I only know the numbers being treated. Either way, I think it’s still a low number considering the area covered.
That's the problem, all the numbers politicians and experts spout are pretty pointless.

Dexamethasone is in part helping to keep the numbers of dead down and help the more serious cases so fewer need ICU and need it for less time. It's now standard treatment for almost anyone admitted with Covid-19.

Where I am the last I heard we didn't have any cases in ICU.

Last edited:
Is that the drug Trump promoted and got slated for it ?
That was either bleach, Cloroquine or hydroxychloroquine. The last two (which are close relations) were an early potential treatment but ended up doing more damage than helping. Bleach is not recommended for internal use.

He's still pushing hydroxychloroquine now. :(

The WHO must have thought there was something in Trumpys idea, why else would they trial it, or are they like him, without a clue about covid ?
My guess is many drugs have been tested. Some to the benefit and some to the detriment.

The Dumb Orange One still touts Hydroxychloroquine even though it has been slated as not helping at all and is a danger to some users.

The WHO must have thought there was something in Trumpys idea, why else would they trial it, or are they like him, without a clue about covid ?
When you're trying to treat a disease there's often lots of drugs you try to see if they help. Most don't. You go through a load of different tests of increasing size and quality to see if it might help, which wipe more and more of the potential treatments out as they turn out not to work or to have too many side effects.

What Trump did was see a report about Hydroxychloroquine which said it might help, then told everyone it did help, before people could test to see if it did or didn't help.

Now the world knows it doesn't help and he's still pushing it, which is just bizarre. It actually increased your chances of needing ICU treatment and/or dying.

Edit: too late

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back