Luton airport fire

Glad to help

"fire crews have revealed the car was diesel powered - despite much speculation that it was an electric vehicle that caused the blaze on social media."
Diesel Fuel needs to be near boiling point before it catches fire . The Chief Fire Officer of Bedfordshire should know that .

Sponsored Links
I read somewhere that it was a diesel hybrid, suggesting battery fire ignited the diesel.
But that could have been wild peculation.

As to the no sprinkler system - can someone explain how is that possible? It's not requirements at the time of building or not requuirements ever?

I read somewhere that it was a diesel hybrid, suggesting battery fire ignited the diesel.
But that could have been wild peculation.

There was no sprinkler system - I suspect there may be no cctv either so it's either someone filming it or whoever called in I suppose?

These car parks charge enough!

Sponsored Links
There was no sprinkler system - I suspect there may be no cctv either so it's either someone filming it or whoever called in I suppose?

These car parks charge enough!
There was a video of the fire, searching ...

Can't tell what sort of car though

Fire coming from front left just where the lithium battery is on diesel RR hybrids . Coincidence ?
Funny how none of the media have got an interview with the owner and no footage of it entering the carpark showing its registration you would have thought they would have been all over it

Fire coming from front left just where the lithium battery is on diesel RR hybrids . Coincidence ?
Funny how none of the media have got an interview with the owner and no footage of it entering the carpark showing its registration you would have thought they would have been all over it

"Hybrid car fires per 100,000 sales were most common ahead of petrol and diesel models".

Look similar?

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 15.17.55.png
Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 15.17.08.png

I just thought as part of the regs they would have a sprinkler system and that needed to be checked on an annual basis?
It's more important to have powder/co2 fire extinguishers. Sprinklers take a long time to go off and aren't very good at putting fuel fires out.

I suspect from the lights being on and the photos, the high pressure fuel pump was fuelling a runaway diesel.

2014 Range Rover Sport Diesel with 85k on the clock based on the MOT history.

Sponsored Links
Back