Manchester congestion charge.

Sponsored Links
As I've said in many threads, people power is under used in this country.

We're gonna see a lot more of it over the next few years given some of the policies due to be imposed on us all ... Mark my words. ;)

MW

Doncaster is building a "quality bus corridor" - basically a bus lane from 5 miles south of the town centre to the central interchange, and from 4 miles north of the town centre to the central interchange. There is improved lighting along the whole route, better bus stops and a park and ride car park, purpose built, at each extremity. It looks like a good scheme, and First buses have invested in 20 brand new double decker buses for the route (normally Doncaster is the graveyard for First south yorkshire's old buses so this is a real treat)

My only concern is that with fuel costs going the way they are, was diesel the wisest option for powering these new buses? Shouldnt they have started looking for more sustainable options, such as hydrogen? In my opinion, its long overdue. If TFL can do it, so can Doncaster.

And I would use buses if i worked in the town centre. I live quarter of a mile from the aforementioned bus corridor and 2 miles from town, but I work in the opposite direction, pontefract, they use Arriva buses which only start from doncaster at 8am. No good for me. :(

Sponsored Links
Whoa - don't clout it !!
bugfv2kq5.gif

If con charges ever hit Manch, I'm going to be shouting very loudly to the authorities...

As I've said in many threads, people power is under used in this country.

We're gonna see a lot more of it over the next few years given some of the policies due to be imposed on us all ... Mark my words. ;)

MW

Is this because the the typically apathetic natives are being out numbered by the more vocal migrants? :rolleyes:

Sigh.... It's not a congestion charge!! London's traffic is back to pre congestion charge levels. It's now a pollution charge. Pollution's still the same, you just have to pay for it now. So what do we the great unwashed gain? F'all I'd suggest.

Yep, noticed how congestion turning into pollution...

Sponsored Links
Back