Mental well-being of athletes.

Sponsored Links
I think that was a post meant for the 'whats wrong with people' thread.

She seemed to have gone for a notably safer routine than normal with less twisting.

Your feeling on this is wrong.
She demonstrated in a safer environment that she lost something. She was unable to land safely, and is a known condition.

An interesting article on it here:
https://www.livescience.com/simone-biles-what-are-twisties.html

Seems we all have our own opinions and can agree to disagree but KJT dealt with her injury far better by being determined to finish her 200 metres. Well done her and the GB cycling team guy who got knocked off, but got back on again to finish in case there was the chance to be reinstated.

Seems we all have our own opinions and can agree to disagree but KJT dealt with her injury far better by being determined to finish her 200 metres. Well done her and the GB cycling team guy who got knocked off, but got back on again to finish in case there was the chance to be reinstated.
Which suggests you don't understand the issue. Also, she even later did an event, which was less risky for her.

I encourage you to read the link i put up, and appreciate the risk such gymnasts are at when doing many of their routine, and the nature of the issue at hand.

Runners do not risk such injures.

Sponsored Links
Which suggests you don't understand the issue. Also, she even later did an event, which was less risky for her.

I encourage you to read the link i put up, and appreciate the risk such gymnasts are at when doing many of their routine, and the nature of the issue at hand.

Salt knows better than an elite athlete in a sport he clearly has little understanding of.

Like I said we each have our own opinion (y)

It's easy to see why some people would criticise when 'playing sport' seems like nothing compared to actually going to work. But take the swimmers as an example; kids of 9, 10, 11 years of age and onwards for quite a few years go to the pool for a couple of hours before they go to school, and then they go to the pool after school as well. These kids work hard, very hard, otherwise they wouldn't be representing their Countries at the Olympics. It's the same for all the sports. Dedication, along with some talent, gets you to the top, gone are the days when you could get to the Olympics by being quite a good runner. Simone Biles has been at it for years now, so that means hard work and dedication as a kid and also as an adult, for a good part of her life. The twisty thing is definitely real, and it's not just gymnasts that get it. Anything to do with rapid rotation - somersaulting, twisting, etc. - in the air can cause you to lose your sense of up and down. The thing is it comes on suddenly. Everything can be ok for years and on one somersault, suddenly, you lose where you are. It's particularly disconcerting on the trampoline, and you wouldn't want to get it when diving from a high board. Hitting water in the wrong position from a high board can be very nasty and on a trampoline you can easily break your neck.

Like I said we each have our own opinion (y)
Please explain your opinion. How should she have carried on, given she couldn't do such moves without risking serious injury due to the condition she suddenly had. And how does that compare to a runner or cyclist experiencing a completely different issue?

You are aware of gymnasts who have had serious injuries in the past, yes?

You stick to your view, I shall stick to mine :censored:

Made up nonsense is when you say that someone limping around a running track is the same as leaping 8 feet into the air and spinning at great speed whilst preying you don't land on your neck.

Made up nonsense is when you say that someone limping around a running track is the same as leaping 8 feet into the air and spinning at great speed whilst preying you don't land on your neck.
Out of interest, how do you go from that to not liking female black people?

He can't. He's made the whole thing up because he doesn't like female black people.
That’s a bit of a stretch even for you.

l’m done on this now I have been watching the cycling whose participants have a totally different approach to competing and finishing their events.

If you are not happy with that, tough, suck it up.

Sponsored Links
Back