new combi boiler install: not happy

Did they have the cooker and fire on when they done the test.

Is the signature the guys that fitted the boiler.

The bypass is not alright it contravene's regulations.

Sponsored Links
And that is where you and WB are wrong.

The installer is required by Corgi, to fill the logbook out, including the installers name, signature and Registration number, notify Corgi and leave the paperwork with the client.

You will also need the paperwork under the HIP home information pack.

Insurance Company's are also starting to insist on it being available when making a claim.

The procedure of testing the gas is with all the appliances on full

Do not pay the bill until you get it.

The installer is not required to fill out the Benchmark by Corgi, especially seeing that not all manufacturers are in the Benchmark scheme

DIA all the bypass needs doing to it is turned off and head removed as the boiler already has an auto by pass fitted.

DIA all the bypass needs doing to it is turned off and head removed as the boiler already has an auto by pass fitted.

A bypass has been fitted which contravenes regulation, turning it off doesn't alter the fact

The log book will be required for the HIP as proof the boiler was installed by an RGI also.

This Log Book is to be completed in full by the competent person(s) who
commissioned the boiler and associated equipment and then handed to the
customer. When this is done, the Log Book is a commissioning certificate that can be accepted as evidence of compliance with the appropriate Building Regulations.

Sponsored Links

A bypass has been fitted which contravenes regulation, turning it off doesn't alter the fact

The log book will be required for the HIP as proof the boiler was installed by an RGI also.

This Log Book is to be completed in full by the competent person(s) who
commissioned the boiler and associated equipment and then handed to the
customer. When this is done, the Log Book is a commissioning certificate that can be accepted as evidence of compliance with the appropriate Building Regulations.

The Benchmark log book is not required for HIPS, the certificate from Corgi from GWN is what is required for HIPS.

Actually, another one had more recommendations, but was substantially more expensive

Why does that not surprise me - you pays your money & takes your choice.

I wish that was the case with us!! Took the most expensive quote, probably 25% more than the rest, he had all the certificates, etc etc HETAS registered, the lot! .... said the job would take a "few weeks" and it is now nearing it's SEVENTH month!!

The system is STILL not working or installed correctly.

Does anybody know a wet HETAS registered plumber in the North East who knows what they are doing? Need this system checking over?

Or anybody with experience of thermal stores hooked up to wood stoves hooked up to oil boilers that can use a 28mm bender?

Cheers.

peedoftec this post is 13 MONTHS OLD!! :LOL: :LOL:

I know!! He started the install nearly 13 months ago!!! LOL... Ok, well 7 months ago.... LOL....

Even so I could still do with someone checking this system over...

?? how have you got involved in a job in Jockland when you are in Durham??

Jockland?, am I? LOL.... :rolleyes: How did I manage that?

I was doing a search for a 28mm bender in the forum, came across someone who had had a crappy install done and someone commented how "you pays your money..." but I was the opposite, I paid a bloody fortune and STILL got a crap job! Ah well, you live and learn.... glad he hasn't had the final payment yet!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back