New Wooden Headboard Needs Split In 2 Professionally, Joiner Or DIY?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They tend to wander if they on the pendulum setting, but if you don't mind it being a slow (and ponderous) cut then the non pendulum setting tends to cut straight.

That looks very straight and neat. (y)

What is that in one side of the headboard - just a strengthening piece?

Thanks for the compliment, im glad at 47 and i use reading glasses, that i can still cut in a straight line. ;)

Yes its a strengthening piece, is strange how i cut down the middle yet my cut was right on the edge of the strengthening piece.

They tend to wander if they on the pendulum setting, but if you don't mind it being a slow (and ponderous) cut then the non pendulum setting tends to cut straight.

I did not want to take a chance as my blades are old but thanks for the tip.

Fashion a block "peg" for the hollow section join, and just screw a sturdy board into the rebate of the L shaped section.

Thanks for the advice its a good idea but the strengthener is right at the edge of the cut in the other half. :(

ok a cut in a different plain to what i thought
and cut looks excellent but will always show unless you can find something to detract the eye or fully cover the join

ok a cut in a different plain to what i thought
and cut looks excellent but will always show unless you can find something to detract the eye or fully cover the join

If you made any horizontal cuts you would need to cut the same from every slat, the way i have cut it means 2 cuts and lose a couple of mm. Thanks the cut came out good. I want to concentrate on getting it rebuilt now in my bedroom then ill see about covering the joint somehow.

often in these sort off constructions the frame is glued but the spars are loose but a good fit but no way off telling unless you can move one a bit

Or,

Glue a wedge into the hollow side, drill two or three 10mm holes into both sides, and "dowel" them with threaded rods or something suitable?

Sponsored Links
Back