newly qualified advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Hello again andy sorry meant to add before , you should call up boiler manufacturers and ask when they have technical courses on in your area, these are usually provided free of charge for local companies but they would usually let you sit in free of charge although you will have to pay your own expenses, something else to add to your C.V. and you will get a lot of contacts this way, good manufacturers I would recommend are Valliant, Worcester, Alpha some of them are just sales speeches but these guys are usually pretty good, again good luck

Hello again andy sorry meant to add before , you should call up boiler manufacturers and ask when they have technical courses on in your area, these are usually provided free of charge for local companies but they would usually let you sit in free of charge although you will have to pay your own expenses, something else to add to your C.V. and you will get a lot of contacts this way, good manufacturers I would recommend are Valliant, Worcester, Alpha some of them are just sales speeches but these guys are usually pretty good, again good luck
Cheers thanks

adam2411";p="1703937 said:
I never expected to earn 30k,even if i was earning 250 a week i would be happy because its something i love doing.As for people saying its the wrong career change,shall i just go on the dole and sit on my a**e all day then,even if nothing comes up for me at least i know i have tried.
Just because i havent done a 4 year apprenticeship that means that i can never become a gas engineer what a load of ****.
I was hoping for positive advice which i have had mostly but to the people who cant give it,why bother,i know the industry is s**t at the moment but not every newly qualified bloke is crap,it is just a different way of getting in to the industry.With hard work and deter

mination i know i can be as good as any one else.[/quot

Give it time :LOL: You say youve got kids you would prob earn more on benefits by the sound of it :rolleyes: so yeah dole sounds like a better option, when the recession fooks off, building trade will pick up again, just weather you can wait that long doesnt sound like it

Sponsored Links
Please do not think I am being offensive - try a little grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Give it time :LOL: You say youve got kids you would prob earn more on benefits by the sound of it :rolleyes: so yeah dole sounds like a better option, when the recession fooks off, building trade will pick up again, just weather you can wait that long doesnt sound like it[/quote]

Did i say i was skint,NO,that is one of the reasons why this country has high unemployment,because of attitudes like yours.

Adam, your last and an earlier post were rather unnecessarily agressive or almost abusive.

Just because you dont like to hear some of the good advice it does not mean you have to speak to people like that.

I was wondering if I should offer you unpaid work experience with accommodation but I dont think I would like your agression.

Tony

Adam as others have said; there's far too many good guys out there already. We have site Plumbers now doing service work and they are good at it. Time-served, they know their way around systems & property.

There's no work for poorly trained CCCs with mickey mouse qualifications & no experience.

Tony like my good self is an employer and the last time I looked we set the rules for employing people. Tony's statement was very fair.

Lets face it, people like the OP have been brainwashed into thinking there's good money in our trade, but the reality is they're not required.

Always work down at ASDA on the graveyard shift for CC/CCCs.

I gave to agree with DELTA on this one, too many people want to be a gas man / plumber just because of the national press.

I gave to agree with DELTA on this one, too many people want to be a gas man / plumber just because of the national press.

But you can say that about any trade.

Some people genuinely want and like the job.

On a plus side, anyone that is prepared to pay several thousand quid, to the training sharks, want it more than some snotty nosed kid who is made to do the course, by job [email protected]

No question that times are hard and prices have been driven down, what some people are prepared to work for is unbelievable, know of two lads one registered one a labourer installed a combi one floor up from original postion for £200 Labour only, Idiots, and the check bounced (serves em right ! ).

Anyone thats been around a while has the advantage of reputation and a customer base, to start off now new without contacts cant imagine it working to be perfectly honest. Go on gas safes website search for a gas engineer and put in your own postcode......there's your competition, be prepared for a shock.

Employment with a national company would be your best start, preferably not on installs as you wouldnt be up to speed I think someone said servicing .... good advice and good luck. Dont intend to be depressing but at the moment its the reality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back