Newly Qualified Engineer.

Softus said:
Agile said:
As our ISP, I have to use the AOL 9 program which is somewhat based on the Explorer (6?).

Its well known for causing some slightly user unfriendly reactions.
Indeed so. I'm not a big fan of AOL, for a whole host (pun intended) of reasons. To be pendantic, for once, I think the browser is still based on the Netscape browser, which was originally spawned from the groundbreaking (but hideous) Spry Mosaic browser.

More importantly than all that, you can run Internet Explorer as a browser alongside the AOL. Just connect to the Internet and sign in to AOL using your usual method, then, leaving the AOL application open, start Internet Explorer and browse away.

You should then find that the spell checker window launches itself into the foreground.

Funny how Winston always falls over himself to be helpful after having his ass/Ego slapped.Especially in regard to Agile..Sorry I`m trolling...I`ll say nothing further. ;)

Sponsored Links
I worked for bg for 32 years as a service fitter, servicing cookers, fires, boilers. commercial and domestic.
fortunately in those days we had depots where we could congregate to discuss with colleagues any jobs which were giving us problems.
I understand now that you do not have that luxury.
Don't any of the other BG engineers in the area use a cafe in the local area, early in the morning or late afternoon, where you can pick a few brains.
I know some of the lads in my area of Birmingham still pop into the cafe in the mornings.
Good luck keep at it, once you've cracked it it's a very rewarding job.

exgas said:
I worked for bg for 32 years as a service fitter, servicing cookers, fires, boilers. commercial and domestic.
fortunately in those days we had depots where we could congregate to discuss with colleagues any jobs which were giving us problems.
Don't any of the other BG engineers in the area use a cafe in the local area, early in the morning or late afternoon, where you can pick a few brains.
I know some of the lads in my area of Birmingham still pop into the cafe in the mornings.

:eek: :eek:

What, and still get 10 jobs done per day.

scatmanjohn wrote
What, and still get 10 jobs done per day

No problem to us Brummies

Sponsored Links
scatmanjohn
10 A DAY
they are bodging them up ,or call backs for parts .... trust me ..lol

Hiya Paul
did you train at Hollinwood gas school, Oldham , lol
I was there 24 yrs ago , after 10 years with BG I got off the B/Sssh Meds an went S/Employ, went into quality bathroom fitting away from the corgi B/Sssh storms in 91/92,
I built up the 3rd Best bathroom fitters biz in Manc an sold it recently at 40 yo ...

moz top money tip
you should look to your future an invest in properties now , I got in an bought a half a street at 2k a prop in the 90s , I left them derelict as the rest of street an GMC recently left an offer of 38k for each which I took ...

of course the big sid give away helped me get away from BG back then an the Goodbye package ...

anyway always think to the future an dive in , you should have a good disposal income (are you on the standby weekend gasleak callout shifts , if not get on them ,then get relatives ringing in class 1s ,lol ;) )invest an think YOU WILL retire at 40 comfotable an you will

best regards
take care ,hope you do well ;)
red 2 zero ... Over ...my old call sign ,lol

btw get *in* with "the lads " at morning coffee at bg base? ...or cafe

exgas said:

what a complete jerk.................

MOD 2
pack it in

BOB.DOLE

are you still alive ,? last I heard you were caravanning awhile ago

Its a really rewarding job when things are going well though...............................................................................................................................Overall i would say BG are a great company to work for and we generally get a lot of support.

If say in 5,6 or 7 years time i decided to start up on my own, would i earn a lot more money or is it not really worth it?
Surely i cant be the only one who likes working for BG?? I cant see how it would be any better with other companies?

What a difference a few years makes :LOL: :LOL:

Bamber.........Softus........... Is this the Twilight Zone :eek:

Hi Paul from bg I am also Paul contracting to bg so have a little insight into your situation.

certainly in East Coast of Yorkshire there are a lot of boilers which private people wouldn't fix except for very few like Agile.

I used to tackle anything privately but looking back it is pointless. When the object of the excercise is to stay afloat you are best in independant ville turning down the nightmares. Better do nothing than that. Same with customers, as soon as you have the slightest hint they could be trouble, pack up your tools and politely say your goodbyes.

But working for bg you have no exit. you are stuck with the problem.

And you deserve a medal for what you are doing. nothing can prepare a man for working on boilers which should be featured in scrapheap challenge.

But it will make a man of you.

By the way I love Alphas!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back