Newly Qualified Engineer.

Well you won`t get any advice from me because I never did gas after corgi was introduced :LOL: :LOL: I`m an old fart lead bashing floorboard ripping plumber that`s retired thank fnuck ;) But here`s the rub..........When I left school in 1970 :rolleyes: I was offered a choice of gas fitter with BG or plumber with a local firm .......indentured C+G......biggest mistake of my life :cry: :cry: I would`ve caught the sellout , shares and a big redundo payout££££££...............So I say The best of luck to you , sincerely.........but think hard about self employed ....there`s a long thread on it`s pros+cons in the archive ;)

Sponsored Links
I loved working for bg only left for the money, I was installing though not servicing. Worked with some amazing engineers and some not so good, when you employ that many people thats the way it is going to be. Support and training is superb and the standard of most of the work is very high, still contract for them now.

This must be a wind up why would someone who must see BG get slated at every opportunity here register with BG in there name and state they work for them and need help to fix boilers.. BG although not perfect have an excellent back up service to help struggling engineers and a computer diagnostic system (expert) although long winded to go through is very accurate in diagnosing faults far better than any manufacturers fault finding charts. Not to mention help desk and the old fashioned technicians or even phoning the twenty odd other guys on the patch. Someone is pulling your plonkers here

Maybe hes just wondering what the "outside world" is like ? :LOL:

Remember BG folks only do BG work, so too talk to others about how they became skilled in the real world may have an interest to this chap.

Sounds like hes interested enuff in his job and fancied asking sum indifferent advice.

Welcome anyways Paul. Class signature btw lol !

Sponsored Links
good boiler engineers are not made they are born that way ask god[agile]wheather he can walk the talk is a different matter,in my experience a good service engineer is a lousey installer but god will differ because he worked for the bbc so every thing was done right.by the way what happened to eldorado :p :LOL:

HI mate,

im in the same situation as you, fairly new to the trade and also been thrown in at the deep end. Im also quite good with diagnosing faults, but like you, not so much on the newer condensing models.

Sounds like we've got a fair bit in common. Not sure where abouts in the uk but in north london, maybe we can help each other out

All the best

Paul, if you get REALLY stuck then you can always telephone me for immediate advice as long as thats after 10.30 am !

Its nice to get a genuine person who is happy to discuss his background and situation honestly. Its not important who you work for and the BG customer care has to be improved and conscientious people like you will help this to happen.

Even Bamber who sometimes is quite aggressive does sometimes back off a little and I expect when you meet him he is probably quite reasonable.

At Martha's birthday party last month there were five regulars from this forum and even though one had called another an "egit" they still all got on fine together!

Even Softus would ( probably ) be welcomed!

Tony

Even Bamber who sometimes is quite agressive does back off and I expect when you meet him he is quite reasonable[/quote
].

DELETED...SORRY AGILE..

Bamber gaspipe said:
...yet I can rip apart your grammar & terrible spelling mistakes .... it may be a good idea to learn how to spell..
People who live in glass houses....Bamber. ;)

quote="chrishutt"]
Bamber gaspipe said:
...yet I can rip apart your grammar & terrible spelling mistakes .... it may be a good idea to learn how to spell..
People who live in glass houses....Bamber. ;)
Sorry, I seem to be having a schitzoephranic episode......be back when I have taken my tablets......

Bamber gaspipe said:
schitzoephranic ..... just an addenda.......MI's......Wasn`t it you that advised me.... what manufacturer`s print .....I seem to being crucified .......
Just a few examples of Bamber's spelling and grammar.

ChrisR said:
Search facility only seems to work on single words though.
searchhl3.jpg

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=411124&highlight=helpful+bunch#411124

quote="chrishutt"]
Bamber gaspipe said:
schitzoephranic ..... just an addenda.......MI's.......
Just a few examples of Bamber's spelling and grammar.

You got me fellah,..how is schizophrenia spelt...that`s not right is it?..Yes..

addenda was right wasn`t it ;) Addendum :cry:

Addenda is plural, so you can't have an addenda. The singular is addendum (from Latin, like forum, rectum, scrotum, etc.)

chrishutt said:
Addenda is plural, so you can't have an addenda. The singular is addendum (from Latin, like forum, rectum, ****, etc.)

Posted at exactly same time ;)

Schizophrenia this time round o.k?

Manufacturer`s think that`s good

Any other petty little things.......No...is this` spelt` or spelled right?..WINKER?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back