newly qualified advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam, you seem to have more drive and desire than the last dozen so called apprentices ive known. a mate of mine had 4 on trial period before he found one that was keen and interested. I have one at the moment and he drives me nuts. He's polite and always on time, but has not an ounce of common sense and cannot be left for long without supervision. hes done his first year and i really dont think he will go much further, hes a liability. his life is ruled by his mobile phone. i dont think i would have another unless something changes fairly drastically. i do however think i would try someone a bit older, like the old style 'improver' if there was a scheme introduced.

Sponsored Links
Linky you are uneployable, that's the main reason you are self-employed. Given the choice a time-served guy will always be employed before a CC/CCC. Sorry, but that's a fact.

As for apprentices & mobiles. Simple, do as we do ban them. Tell them if they're caught with one It will be smashed with a hammer in front of them!! FFS they're kids!! Don't treat them like adults.

I can only agree with that 'doitall', but there's still 1000s of School leavers trying to get apprenticeships, but our whole trade has been undermined by CC/CCCs. How can bona fide employers employ apprentices and complete with these chancers??!!![/quote]

Delta real firms in Glasgow can get funding of up to £8k over 2yrs to take on an apprentice, as the owner of a real firm in Glasgow you will have course looked into this and have 1 or 2 apprentices starting for the new term in a week or 2

Until they bring back proper gov.con apprenticeships it can only get worse.

I got 40 quid a week for my boys, when they did theirs, otherwise I couldn't have afforded it.

Instead of just dishing out dole money, they could make them work for companies as a condition, don't cost the company and the apprentice get his basic salary, paid by the gov.con

There was not a lot wrong with the old YTS scheme, lots of lads got started that way.

YTS was for whippersnappers, I started on the YOP scheme, in Feb 78 £16.50 per week (and still had money on a Fri :eek: ) 6 months course then onto a full apprenticeship

Sponsored Links
Kirk, we have over 30 apprentices in our Group. We are SNIPEF members.

Adam, don't let them put you off. You can do all the wet plumbing stuff, it's piece of cake now, everyone's doing it with no more than Wickes leaflets.
I think it's ridiculous to say you'd be dangerous working on gas. You've done the course. So tell me how much of the stuff you'd use to change a combi was difficult?
When I started gas you didn't need any experience at all, you just passed the tests, which is what I did. Within a month of starting the ACS I'd put a couple of combis in. A bit slow, but I didn't get anything wrong.

Now I assess ACS part time, I can tell you the dangerous ones aren't the young ones, it's the old codgers who've been doing it (wrong) for ages and can't be bothered, won't be educated, and forget even if they try.
You can write a coherent sentence and use a computer - that puts you ahead of an alarming chunk of the blokes I see!

When I started I used to "employ" a mate who was a decorator, on his normal day rate. He was able enough, and it's so much less stress when there's two of you.

You have to remember that a very few noisy people who've slogged through 5 years of poor money as an appy often have a huge chip on their shoulders. Too many of them, especially the ones who are no longer able to do the physical stuff so much, are all bitter about it so just love to spend their time sneering.

why dont you pee off back to that cess pit you crawled out of puller

you are just a pain in the ar$e

why dont you ever get in and post something constructive when it comes to boiler faults ????

answer

you dont know jack pal

your behind a desk cos your a t*sser

game over :rolleyes:

like i have nothing better to do at 1:30 am than read the carp you post

chris r could pi$$ on you and me from a great hight SON not bad for a( to quote your stupid expression) CCC
:eek: :LOL:

difference is i don't care

put my time in

now i lay in the sun
rofl5.gif

ahh no answer came the reply

just about what i expected :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

dont like being put on the spot do you puller ???

cos your all bluster and hot air :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Linky you are uneployable, that's the main reason you are self-employed. Given the choice a time-served guy will always be employed before a CC/CCC. Sorry, but that's a fact.

As for apprentices & mobiles. Simple, do as we do ban them. Tell them if they're caught with one It will be smashed with a hammer in front of them!! FFS they're kids!! Don't treat them like adults.

No Delta the main reason that I am self employed , as already stated, is because of circumstances at home.I need to be around when I am needed, not when my contracted working hours dictate!

End of discussion!

No Delta the main reason that I am self employed , as already stated, is because of circumstances at home.I need to be around when I am needed, not when my contracted working hours dictate!

End of discussion!

Fair enough son, most of us have a home & family to think about.

What about the school leavers?
HAVE U SEEN WHAT THE SCHOOLS ARE CHURNING OUT NOW!!
Not all but mostly work shy brain dead idle muppets!
It would have to be a very special!

5 x pages of thread 4.5 pages is pullers sh1t

shut yer kite son

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back