NHS 111 seems to be struggling dealing with Covid19

The official figures don't tell the full story, there are probably 1000's of infected people already but their symptoms are not serious enough to warrant them phoning 111, maybe they don't even realise they have the virus.
When cabinet cabinet ministers are testing positive there must be a load of undiagnosed cases in Westminster already.

heard somebody earlier say their wife who works in NHS there were 2 people presenting with the virus and was told to treat them, but without any precautions -so she quit her job

NHS staff are being given conflicting advice.

Sponsored Links
There is a map of infections available now. This is the desktop one. Also a mobile one on another web page.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f94c3c90da5b4e9f9a0b19484dd4bb14

Personally I feel stage one should have included avoid longer distance travel unless it really is needed but it seems that gov think that we would accuse them of crying wolf and not take it seriously. So the general idea seems to wait until it is really is serious which of course may not even happen. Unlikely I would have thought.

. So the general idea seems to wait until it is really is serious which of course may not even happen. Unlikely I would have thought.
At last, a tenuous excuse to post this!

scientific_briefing.png

Sponsored Links
They seem to have solved the 111 problem and also reduced the amount of testing. Just self isolate now and don't phone 111. 7 days isolation has it's interesting points as well but wont repeat myself.

LOL Thanos sounds like Cummins - describes him to a T.

To be fair, we don't know that Thanos didn't try other options and approaches first. He gets a raw deal does big T.

As expected. stay in your own home until you get better or die.

In the UK we might leave them in their homes with a good supply of painkillers and sedatives, and collect the bodies later if necessary.

As expected. stay in your own home until you get better or die.

Might not be that bad as I understand people should still use 111 if things do get serious after catching it. Depends on the system keeping up with demand including the hospitals. Doctors can also get people tested. This I think is inevitable - just look at how many tests have been done compared with those that were positive.

I wondered what would happen if some one in a 111 call centre catches it. Saw a hint that they then use Skype from home. True, false, not feasible - pass.

Testing now seems to be restricted to NHS etc people and I'd suppose those that find they need to be in hospital.

Our health system lags others for a very simple reason - it's never really had adequate funding. Tax rises aren't a good way of gaining votes. It also not clear where NHI tax goes since May mentioned that health tax needs ring fencing which suggests they can be inclined to spend it on other things. I recollect a graph from Mrs T's time showing that spending increase on health at the time were running at 1/2 the rate of "medical inflation". Increases when given sound huge and always over several years. Part will be down to expected levels of inflation. Numbers need to be compared with the gov's tax spend. Not sure what it is now but has been £1 trillion plus, probably a bit short currently but cuts are having to be increased.

Might not be that bad as I understand people should still use 111 if things do get serious after catching it.

yes, so then what?

bring you sedatives and a tablet to help you to an easy death?

Bring round a disposable coffin?

use the Chinese system and take you to a central store where you can die or get better away from the public eye?

There is no cure, no vaccine, and insufficient resource to keep all the severe cases alive.

Maybe they give you a lottery ticket?

Sponsored Links
Back