number plate

Zampa said:
jbonding said:
I remember seeing T88l BOX on a merc would of looked better on a van.
P145 TER was available about 4 years ago for £4000 i bet its doubled now they are a very good investment most regs that were available for £250 a few years ago are now £600 and will increase.

What a waste of money...if the letters are placed properly it will just read..

T 8 8 L B O X
And the eights will look like 'B' s

And what does it all mean anyway?...so you have your initials on your plate...does that make the car even more your own?..what message are people trying to give out?

Now a little game...lets do some number plates for people on here and see if we can guess who its aimed at..

5PH1NCT3R.....

8NPNAZ1..

C0MM13...

F4TFDDL...

X4LKI3..

M15ER48L3 G1T (me!)

what does it look like ;)

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
Saw a photo once on the interwebby of a car that looked perfectly innocent, until you viewed the plate in a mirror, when it became a passably readable "ORAL SEX"

I heard a rumour that a few months after it was issued the licensing authorites realised the significance of "3M TA3" and revoked it...

No idea if it has any basis of truth though tbh

crafty1289 said:
If i changed my name to Brian Jones and I was born in 1953, mine might make sense . . . it starts with BJ53

But the last part i'm stuck with. . . KWD . . . A slight re-arrangement might make it look like the shortened version of Wicked (or a popular alcoholic drink), but I wouldn't want that.

OOI, what part of the country was my car registered in (BJ)? I bought it second hand, most of the cars round here start YR or YB or YS. Anyone got a link to the list of prefixes?

You want to be careful giving out you car registration number in t'internet.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 diesel. Hmmm Nice wheels :eek:

Adam_151 said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Saw a photo once on the interwebby of a car that looked perfectly innocent, until you viewed the plate in a mirror, when it became a passably readable "ORAL SEX"

I heard a rumour that a few months after it was issued the licensing authorites realised the significance of "3M TA3" and revoked it...

No idea if it has any basis of truth though tbh
My M8 had OGM 68X on old Honda :eek: would`ve kept it if it`d been OrGasM 69...and put it on his Skoda Fellatio :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I was once in Oxford Street and saw a 4x4 with the number plate DLT 1. Remembered thinking to myself that it would be a good one for, erm, DLT, looked at the driver and it was the old hairy cornflake himself in the seat.

About 5 years later, I saw a 4x4 in Leeds with the number plate DLT 1, forgot everything I'd seen before, and went through the same process again....

Don't know how good an investment they are. Once the vanity of having people know your initials has passed, they won't be worth buttons...

RF Lighting said:
crafty1289 said:
If i changed my name to Brian Jones and I was born in 1953, mine might make sense . . . it starts with BJ53

But the last part i'm stuck with. . . KWD . . . A slight re-arrangement might make it look like the shortened version of Wicked (or a popular alcoholic drink), but I wouldn't want that.

OOI, what part of the country was my car registered in (BJ)? I bought it second hand, most of the cars round here start YR or YB or YS. Anyone got a link to the list of prefixes?

You want to be careful giving out you car registration number in t'internet.

Ford Fiesta 1.4 diesel. Hmmm Nice wheels :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: were u bein really sad and went to a car insurance quoter, or is there a free service on t'internet where you can find such info?

What colour is my car then? ;)

clue:

dsc001391an.jpg

but can you name the colour? (NOT BROWN)

crafty1289 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: were u bein really sad and went to a car insurance quoter, or is there a free service on t'internet where you can find such info?

He's probably just staked out your house - nothing to worry about ;)

nice car RF
[img]picture of a car outside my house (comically posted to seem like RF was staking out my house), whose owner was later seen exiting a neighbour's house[/img]

crafty1289 said:
but can you name the colour? (NOT BROWN)
No, but if you give me the M number off the stereo I can tell you the keycode. ;)
Oh, I have just found the wiring diagrams (Fiesta Fusion?) as well. :eek:

A = Anglia

B = Birmingham

C = Cymru

D = Deeside to Chester

E = Essex

F = Forest & Fens

G = Garden of England

H = Hampshire & Bournemouth (HW will be used exclusively for Isle of Wight residents)

K = Luton

L = London

M = Manchester & Merseyside (MN + MAN Reserved for the Isle of Man)

N = NorthNewcastle

O = Oxford

P = Preston

R = Reading

S = Scotland

V = Severn Valley

W = West of England

Y = Yorkshire

Areas are then sub-divided into local DVLA offices

So LA would be registered at the Wimbledon office.

The years (in this decade) go zero+last year digit if registering between march & august ie 06 for the current reg. In September 06 this changes to 56.

Next decade, it changes to a one+last year digit for the first period and a six plus the last year digit for the second period. Still with me?

:LOL:

IE 10, and 60. The next decade will start 20, 70 and so on.

But come the year 2049, we'll be buggered. It'll be 49 and 99 then, and obviously, they cannot go higher than 99.

So, for those of us who are still around then (and care!!) anyone care to bet what system they'll use next?

I reckon they'll use the same system, but use the last two digits of the year for both periods, but in a different colour.

IE for a car registered in 2050, AB 50 ABC (with 50 in black for 1st period) then 50 in red for second period.

Hey, you at the back boy! WAKE UP!

Sponsored Links
Back