Oh no School have phoned!!!

japes, thanks but that was an old email, changed it now thou.

Don't under estimate 4 year olds, my daughter can count over 100 and can add numbers with a pencil and paper upto about 90

Her da does have adegree in maffs thou. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
He was called 'nat the bat' because he used to carry a baseball bat and he was'nt afraid to use it - an absolute grade one nutter.

That explains a lot :LOL:

Bike dynamo lighting set up on a board mount with a handle they can turn to produce electricity ?

Sponsored Links
I think it might be useful to have battery, bulb, switch set-ups

getting to grips with the difference between a parallel and a series circuit might be good

if they see how to do two-way lighting that would put them ahead of most DIYers

a spectacular "fault" or "shock" demo to end on would be exciting!

Or, as said, you could focus on danger and safety

You would'nt have done that with my physics teacher.

He was called 'nat the bat' because he used to carry a baseball bat and he was'nt afraid to use it - an absolute grade one nutter.
Our physics teachers were all fairly safe.

We did have a chemistry teacher whose weapon of choice was a length of rubber bunsen burner hose.

I had one physics teacher who had a mains powered home made transformer setup on his desk once. He used it to induce a magnetic field in a spoon and melt suger, IIRC, whilst holding the MCB on. :LOL:

How about working out what amperage of fuse is needed in the plug for an appliance of a given wattage. Useful basic electrical maths?

I presume you will touch breifly on the sizing of earthing conductors using the adiabatic equation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back