Oh the vermin are at it again.

Then again, if we let things go back to nature, and stopped culling, would foxes take over the world?!

Letting 'things go back to nature' would first require the eradication of 7 billion (give or take) parasites... ;)

I'm sure the foxes would agree with that!

Sponsored Links
Neither was the dead lamb which was ravished by a fox.

Disgusting! That fox needs psychological help! Necrophilia AND sex with a different species!

ravished past participle, past tense of rav·ish (Verb)
Verb

1.Seize and carry off by force.
2.(of a man) Force (a woman or girl) to have sexual intercourse against her will.

Not number 2!!! :eek:

I know a council pest control officer who works late shifts on a few local farms. He has to shoot foxes to prevent the egg laying chickens from being taken and at certain times of year to protect the lambs, but to be honest, he says he only has to shoot maybe 5 foxes all year! if thats all it takes to keep them under control........

As a bleeding heart vegetarian I'm not against hunting in principle.

The numbers have to be controlled, animals are not killed "humanly" in nature, do you think foxes get to die in a bed surrounded by their family?

And we are happy as a nation to buy meat that has been intensely factory farmed (battery eggs are still widely found in many products, and many of our pig farming methods are less than ideal).

So yea, if we have to kill them, why not do it in a manner which gives people jobs.

Sponsored Links
As a bleeding heart vegetarian I'm not against hunting in principle.

The numbers have to be controlled, animals are not killed "humanly" in nature, do you think foxes get to die in a bed surrounded by their family?

And we are happy as a nation to buy meat that has been intensely factory farmed (battery eggs are still widely found in many products, and many of our pig farming methods are less than ideal).

So yea, if we have to kill them, why not do it in a manner which gives people jobs.

I'm not a bleeding heart vegetarian either, although neither am I a big meat eater.

Animals which provide meat for human consumption should be killed humanely and, as far as I am aware, are in this country - apart from certain primitive religious practices, but I'm not allowed to criticise such people of course.

Foxes being killed by natural predators is, in my opinion, inevitable and acceptable and, most importantly, occurs because of the need of the predator to eat. Toffs in pink jackets riding horses and encouraging a pack of hounds to rip apart a fox whilst it is still alive purely for their entertainment is, to me, barbaric.

Toffs in pink jackets riding horses and encouraging a pack of hounds to rip apart a fox whilst it is still alive purely for their entertainment is, to me, barbaric.

Sorry, but what difference does it make to the fox if it dies painfully at the hands of men in red jackets, crippling injuries or sickness or by another predator and fox.

Animals don't die nicely in nature, nature is barbaric, barbaric doesn't necessarily mean bad or evil.

Animals which provide meat for human consumption should be killed humanely

I'd rather have a decent life and be killed inhumanely, than have a **** life in **** conditions and be killed humanely.

Toffs in pink jackets riding horses and encouraging a pack of hounds to rip apart a fox whilst it is still alive purely for their entertainment is, to me, barbaric.

Sorry, but what difference does it make to the fox if it dies painfully at the hands of men in red jackets, crippling injuries or sickness or by another predator and fox.

Animals don't die nicely in nature, nature is barbaric, barbaric doesn't necessarily mean bad or evil.
I think you're missing the point. The style of death doesn't matter to the fox (other than it being potentially unnecessarily protracted), but it does matter to the observer. Killing/culling through countryside management should not be an enjoyable pastime and those who make it a fun day out damage their own morality.

If you recall watching those fellas behead Ken Bigley, whooping and cheering with glee and excitement a few years back and compare it with a quick and professional assassination/execution. There is a stark difference in the morality between these two acts.

You missed my point. My point was that in nature foxes would be killed by other animals for food, whereas the 'humans' I refer to do it for pleasure. I just think the one is more acceptable than the other.

What preys on a fox?

In the past, I should imagine it would have been wild dogs, wild cats, even bears when we had them.

Of course, as we don't have many of them these days 'huntsmen' feel they are obliged to do the deed!

Foxes are territorial, and if you kill 'em, their territory will be filled by another fox, and that fox will eventually evolve with bullet proof skin.

Surely if you own chickens you need to buy/build a stronger cage?

I've been a veggie, and a member of LACS, but these days i'd much rather see a story in the paper of a bunch of rich people killing a fox than the reports of a classroom full of 5 and 6 year olds being blown to pieces by a semi automatic rifle....

In context, fox hunting is purely a class issue, as mentioned before, Ma nature is constantly cruel,, rarely forgiving... foxes will evolve to evade red coated tw@ts !

It's interesting no-one seems to have mentioned the RSPCAs crackpot decision to use £330,000 of public donations to take a few nobs to court, when not even a criminal conviction would come from it.????

I thought they were hard up.????? Surely that money could have been used for more deserving purposes.????

surely they should have been awarded costs by the courts against the criminals !

My point was...... the RSPCA KNEW they were not even gonna get one single criminal conviction for this case, A small fine at best.
They knew that, but still wasted all that time, all that money, for what ??

Bearing in mind that the £330,000 was paid for from public donations.

I just feel it was a stupid waste of money in order get some sort of smug satisfaction.

Sorry, I have a faint heart, and i don't really want to insult fox hunters, but for heaven's sake Humans grow up, traditions are one thing, realising and understanding the pain is another! you are the most intelligent being on this earth! so use your loaf! Animals do suffer just as much as we do when being shredded alive without Anastasia!

I really cannot stand any animal bigger than a mouse getting ripped to shreds by a hungry pack of hounds guided by some insane men on riding on horses, and they are doing this for pleasure not for hunger! humans are suppose to be intelligent beings, and understand pain! some of them seem to have lost their brains somewhere in the process of evolution, or probably didn't fully evolve from apes band may still have traits of monkey brain inside their heads.

I keep 10 cats, dare I see any of my cats torturing any frogs or a mouse in its mouth, I will at once intervene and remove the poor thing and shelter it from further torture, put the frog back in its habitat, chuck the mouse over my neighbor's fence from where they grabbed him in the first place, I strongly discourage my cats from hunting. I will not watch over my cats hunting. They are not starving, I feed them daily 5 or 6 times!

of course these fox hunters are not doing it to curb the fox population, they are doing it for seeking pleasure from these hunts, why keep a pack of hounds, and why guide them to areas where foxes habitat, if they spoil a farmers produce, so be it, they have just as much right to occupy this earth and survive. just as we destroy their habitat and flatten forests for our crops.

Why not just let the hounds hunt naturally on their own, rather than guiding them to them on the backs of their horses.

Sadly nature is also very cruel, I wished all animals eat grass, and we humans were all vegans, then no animal would be in the food chain, there would be no pain in the world.

What about those tourists on Safari holidays and filming lions and their cubs attacking a pregnant wild beast and ripping her belly and stealing her baby and then shredding the fetus it to pieces before the poor thing even had a chance to see the daylight! And these evil tourist are all part of the same game! sadistics, disgrace to human race, some animals have more sense, laughing and filming poor beast getting ripped up, I can't wait for the 21st December 2012 when all the pain on this earth will be over for everyone! i hope.

Thats what happens when you have a faint heart and you get very strong feelings! :p

funny_fox_gun.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back