Oh the vermin are at it again.

To coin a well known Sun headline.... GOTCHA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Which brings us onto a new twist in this thread - what are your feelings on animal traps? Cruel or not. Without wishing to pre-empt Mr Searle, his stance (if I read him correctly) would be that it doesn't matter at all since the end result is that the animal is killed or maimed and dies shortly afterwards through natural causes, and in any case humans like a bit of perfume which is tested on animals so we're all hypocrits, Apart from him of course :confused:

Personally, I'm not so sure.

Sponsored Links
Aron Searle wrote

This is a sow stall, where a sow will spend most of her life

Stalls were banned in Britian in 1999.
New EU legislation comes into effect on 1 January 2013 regarding sow stalls.
The UK is 100% compliant according to some claims. However I know local farmers with sow stalls.

34% of Irish farmers remain to be converted to loose housing.
Farmers in 13 member states are struggling to implement loose housing.

France incidentally is the worst offender with only 33% compliance according to claims.

Source for the figures here - Irish Farmers Journal -15/ December/2012

Sponsored Links
As for trapping animals which are pests, larger than a mice, we should not use snares that trap an animal when it trips over its mechanism that grips around its leg and clamps it tight with sharp jaws, this sort of trap should be banned outright, there are other traps one could use with a bait, where the door to a cage shuts and trapping the animal to be dealt with the next day for euthanasia.

I am also against glue pads, I was once going past someone's overflowing wheelie bin which was full of rubbish spewing out of it, I heard some faint mice cries, it was dark, so I got back home to get a torch, came back to the bin and fished out this sticky glue pad with poor mice stuck on it!

I took the pad home, poured cooking oil around the mice (not on him) and soon it became free! gave him a quick rinse with the all purpose Fairy Liquid!
and dried it with some tissues, and released it in the street! Poor thing God bless him! he has just as much right to this earth and a life!

I made a mouse trap that traps mice and you could then take it out release it ..yup it enters a small cage and towards the end there is a bait, and as he crosses a photo beam, it slams shut, trapping him.
No I don't relase it in front of the cats, I would be right evil if I did that.

Which only goes to show that some people are just plain bonkers.

It is the method of hunting that is cruel, not the fox hunting, using hounds to rip the animal to shreads, this is not only extremely painful to watch, unless you are a very sad person, and enjoy watching animals suffer or being ripped apart and into tiny shreads, You can imagine how painful this is to watch then what about the poor suffering of that animal being ripped up.

My view on this is that death is never nice in nature, what they are doing is nothing unusual in the scheme of things, no it's not nice, no I don't approve, but I don't necessary see it as evil or wrong.

The problem is how can it be right to enjoy the ripping apart of an animal for fun ?

That's nothing but moral projection.

You think it's wrong, therefore it's wrong to enjoy it. Animals derive pleasure from the hunt, and we are biologically just intelligent animals, I don't think it's necessary "wrong" to enjoy "the hunt", though again I certainly don't approve, I'm not arrogant enough to claim moral authority.

Whats quoting animal experiments got to do with the topic under discussion ?

It's a good bet that everyone here has at least one product that has come about unnecessarily through animal testing, and not just make-up.

And before the usual "well yes, but I'd rather an animal is tested on than my misses lips fall out from makup", we had about a million types of make-up on the market, why do we need to keep testing for another million types.

Why is it relevant is your question.

Because I'd say fox hunting, however barbaric, is a damn sight less barbaric than animal testing for non medical uses (and even then), yet we have here a load of people condemning fox hunting, that statistically very very likely buy animal tested products.

Hypocrisy and Toff bashing.

At least fox hunting is honest.
So is raping little girls. But I can't see a justification for that either.

:LOL:

I'm not going to waste my time debating with someone so silly.

Top marks calorific, genuinely good trolling that, ellal should take note.

:LOL:
Pathetic response really. :rolleyes:
Looks like you've turned chicken on the question of ethics since you've not been able to respond to my points on moral repugnance and have decided to hide behind a veil of pointless insults. Shame really as I had you down as more capable than that. :rolleyes:

Oh you disappoint calorific.

Do you really think I will waste my time debating with someone who first calls me an idiot then turns the subject to raping of little girls and saying I feel mirth about rape and paedophilia, ho ho ho.

Stick to what you are good at cal, trolling, leave the debate to others.

Oh you disappoint calorific.

Do you really think I will waste my time debating with someone who first calls me an idiot then turns the subject to raping of little girls and saying I feel mirth about rape and paedophilia, ho ho ho.

Stick to what you are good at cal, trolling, leave the debate to others.
Now try re-reading what was said - I criticised your post of random statements. I have also answered your points properly and yet all you can do is to hide behind insults. Your response to a post containing rape was laughter.

If you want to discuss, then do so properly and argue the points and stop trying to hide your inability behind name calling.

Fresh start or not? I'm happy to apologise of you felt offended and it moves things on.

calorific said:
Now try re-reading what was said

Ok.....

Mr Searle's post contains so much idiotic nonsense that it's difficult to know where to start. Dotting around from random point to random point and ending with some proclamation of class war. What a pile of shoite

Hmm yes....

and yet all you can do is to hide behind insults.

you pointless prick

Your response to a post containing rape was laughter.

Because I found it genuinely funny that my point about fox hunting being honest (in context of people buying tested on animal products condemning it), suddenly gets compared to raping children.

It was either 1st class trolling, or complete inanity, no point debating with you.

Please go back to trolling, it was more fun! :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back