Oh what Brexit fun awaits....

Seven years of discussions and still no agreement.
joy
This is the sort of precedent we can look forward to whilst the country slides ever downward.

Hooray for Brexit!:(
Possibly another reason we should be leaving the EU. When one small region (note,,, a region , not a country) can cause 7 yrs of negotiations to go down the pan. If the EU can't even agree amongst themselves something which is of great benefit to it, then at least the UK will be free to negotiate it's own agreements with other countries around the world. Something the UK cannot currently do, whilst in the failing experiment.

Sponsored Links
Seven years of discussions and still no agreement.
joy
This is the sort of precedent we can look forward to whilst the country slides ever downward.

Hooray for Brexit

Have you got this the wrong way round Noseall, the 7 year hold up was caused by the EU, not the Canadians. The upcoming problem, is that the 27 remaining countries are going to treat us in the same obstructive way that they dealt with Canada. Poland and Romania will screw up any negotiations towards a soft Brexit, because they want continued unrestricted access for their citizens, even if they themselves haven't put anything in to our economy.

What arab countries take in refugees?
I 've heard of none so far.
They ain't stupid. They don't want them.
Do Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq count as Arabic countries to you guys? They have indeed taken in Syrian refugees. Quite a lot in fact. And Turkey, although not Arabic has taken in a lot, lot, lot. Britain has taken in just a small amount in comparison. Tiny.
http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php

The richer Gulf states information isn't so well known when it comes to opening their doors.. The West say no, the Gulf states say they have, as well as donated a lot of money to the crisis. The UAE has been top humanitarian donors, aiding a lot of countries in need. The Gulf states have offered no proof about taking in refugees, but I am presuming that these things are not recorded as well because none of the Gulf states agreed/signed the UN Convention on Refugees.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-syrian-refugee-response-false-and-misleading

Last edited by a moderator:
you've been going on about the brexitrers being racists

No, that's not true.

I have, however mentioned that the people displaying fascist sentiments, and obsessive hatred of foreigners, immigrants and Muslims are fascists.

Do you think it is a coincidence that fascists and racists are attracted to the Quitters' campaign?

Sponsored Links
All of the current "child" migrants that we blindly give shelter to, are just taking support from those children that are genuine, and in desperate need of our help, so why do you always consider it so wrong for us to question how things are being handled.
Don't you mean refugees, refugees part of the worst humanitarian crisis that we've seen?
And nope, not wrong to question, not wrong to want migrants to come in with preferably a skill to offer or a job to go to, but a refugee is something different.

Yes you have mentioned that time and time again, but that doesn't mean you're right. We have problems with Muslims at the minute because France is mistreating them, and their ideology is incompatible with a western way of life. And the fascist sentiments that you talk about is just people that don't think the same way that you do.

Why do you seem to think that wanting to control immigration is down to a hatred of foreigners.

Do you think it is a coincidence that fascists and racists are attracted to the Quitters' campaign

You're possibly right, but that doesn't mean that everyone who supported brexit is tarred with the same brush, yet you seem to accuse everyone that supported bexit to be of that sort of mind.

Don't you mean refugees, refugees part of the worst humanitarian crisis that we've seen

Sorry Blighty, but as 90% of the so called refugees are from non war torn countries, I'm reluctant to use that term. It's one thing to take in genuine refugees, but being forced to take in economic migrants posing as refugees is another matter. The ridiculous thing, is that it's the economic migrants that seem to fight their way to the top of the pile, that's why I feel so strongly against the supposed child migrants that obviously aren't in need of support.

Most of the genuine refugees are being housed in the camps that are in the neighbouring countries - and that we are sending Billions to support. It's strange that most of the economic migrants seem to have enough money to pay the trafickers to get them to another country. And more importantly, why aren't these so called refugees registering themselves in the first country that they come to, instead of making their way right across to us.

And nope, not wrong to question, not wrong to want migrants to come in with preferably a skill to offer or a job to go to, but a refugee is something different

I agree with you completely on this one, but as I've said before, there are very few true migrants living in the Calais jungle.

Sorry Blighty, but as 90% of the so called refugees are from non war torn countries, I'm reluctant to use that term. It's one thing to take in genuine refugees, but being forced to take in economic migrants posing as refugees is another matter. The ridiculous thing, is that it's the economic migrants that seem to fight their way to the top of the pile, that's why I feel so strongly against the supposed child migrants that obviously aren't in need of support.

Most of the genuine refugees are being housed in the camps that are in the neighbouring countries - and that we are sending Billions to support. It's strange that most of the economic migrants seem to have enough money to pay the trafickers to get them to another country. And more importantly, why aren't these so called refugees registering themselves in the first country that they come to, instead of making their way right across to us.

I agree with you completely on this one, but as I've said before, there are very few true migrants living in the Calais jungle.
Have you got a link about the 90% of refugees not being from war torn countries please? Be interesting to read.

And am afraid I will disagree with you over any child coming in from that camp. That Calais camp is no place for a child. Ok, the 5 or so that were photographed and heavily in the media looked older, but the kids, nah, let them in. If they are there without family or someone to protect them then they need help, war torn countries or not and France and Britain should both try and help imo.

And am afraid I will disagree with you over any child coming in from that camp. That Calais camp is no place for a child. Ok, the 5 or so that were photographed and heavily in the media looked older, but the kids, nah, let them in. If they are there without family or someone to protect them then they need help, war torn countries or not and France and Britain should both try and help imo

The supposed "child" migrants from the camp have been estimated at between 24 and 38. The workers in the camp themselves are angry because they know that these so called children are over the 18 year age limit, and they are the ones that are fighting to get the vulnerable under 12's brought over, but they're getting ignored. If they lined all the children up, and took the youngest first, then I'd support the scheme; strange how they don't though. And it's also been reported that when the supposed "children" are being interviewed, an uncle of family member suddenly turn up to help them translate. I suspect the people selecting the children have been told to meet target, rather than find the most vulnerable.

I'll look for the links you asked for, but I have read the various articles etc where an immigration judge is despairing, because she has to assess these applicants, and rejects 90% of them, but the border control don't bother deporting them. Fair enough, I'm reporting the article that I've read, but I've no reason to dispute their veracity - unless it's a guardian article of course.

Most of this problem is occurring, simply because France isn't bothering to implements the Schengen agreement whereby migrants or refugees should register in the first country that they arrive in. France doesn't want them, so they quietly ignore that camp occupants, and turn a blind eye when they attack cars and lorries to get across to England. The stupid thing, is that if the camp occupants had registered in France when they first got there, they would now have EU registration, and could come to the UK with impunity.

Sponsored Links
Back