Project Fear dead .......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only someone that's completely deluded can imagine being part of the EU would be a good thing after recent developments...... vaccine fiasco, Irish fiasco, failed german minister in charge immediately climbs down after proposing a silly Irish step, oh dear and some die hards remainers still refuse to accept the benefits of BREXIT.

And to cap it all over 1,500 European companies want to register with the city.......
Moving the financial city to Europe....what a pipe dream.

It won't be long before the euro goes pop....... Brexit means we are free to act as we see fit as a country.
The EU dream is collapsing......

Sponsored Links
Gasbanni is right, project fear is dead.

It's now project reality.

Sponsored Links
How’s that then , cowardnotch?
Project reality luvvie.....Brexit has damaged fishing industry, farming, manufacturing.

All you can do is crow about a temporary benefit of vaccines......which won't last long as the EU is a major global player in the vaccine world.

Poor Dungee, failed again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for those examples of empty shelves & rocketing prices in supermarkets. I’ve been asking for a month. Surely you could find some by now.
Try answering civilly if you can manage it.

Still waiting for those examples of empty shelves & rocketing prices in supermarkets. I’ve been asking for a month. Surely you could find some by now.
I think a month ago someone explained that a no deal would lead to shortages, as people said prior to Bozza getting a deal with the EU.

What bit about the whole no-deal thing do you not understand dangee? It's a bit baffling.

That said, there are shortages in NI and there are companies struggling as a result of brexit, even with a deal. Coming out of this lock-down will also see an effect, but the two will be muddled.

All I’m asking for is examples.you said prices were rocketing not me.

:rolleyes: Why would anyone want to converse with such an obnoxious abusive individual?
, cowardnotch?
Notch, Mug. Coward.
Not cowardly like you though. Notch.

Coward mug.

Notch, you are a coward troll & serial loser.

Grow a pair coward.

Wrong G, as usual. Mug

Bobby the troll giving an insight into his life again. Bitter sad lonely cowardly

I see ignored member is getting involved again. He must have produced loads of rocketing price examples.... or deflected. I’ll never know.

i dont like to crow on benefits of brexit or staying in EU, i feel it's a pointless task we are where we are so lets get on with it.

i do however chuckle at the EU's handling of their vaccine programme because they have given brexiteers the best present they could ever have asked for, and they and the 27 countries within the EU know it.

The EU will never collapse, they have spent the last 30 years integrating themselves so tightly it would be almost impossible to break free. There may be one or 2 other countries that might decide to follow suit in the distant future depending on how well the UK appears to do over the next 5 years, possibly Italy or maybe Hungary, but generally european governments are happy with the EU, they dont share the same want of sovereignty as the UK or US do,

The Euro currency wont collapse either, if they dont get the vaccine caper sorted quickly then they may lose a bit against the £ and $ but it will only be short term.

I suppose this is what annoys the european leaders the most as towards the end of last year all their modelling showed the UK's recovery to lag the EU by some margin, now however with the success of the vaccine, it has possibly turned the other way, those who can get their economy up and trucking the quickest will prosper the most short term, which will also give leverage to brexiteers.

onto the pricing, i have noticed costs of goods have dramatically increased this past year. My weekly shopping bill was around £70, the past 6 months have seen this increase to £100 per week.

Special offers have all but disappeared on anything half decent, whenever i want to buy something the price has increased significantly or it is impossible to obtain.

i believe most of this is Covid related rather than Brexit related, however we cannot say it has not had some form of impact, because it naturally will, additional time on paperwork has to be paid for somehow. Recently for work we've had to purchase some bits from europe on an emergency basis, this should be with us within 2-3 days. I've had a set of cylinder liners stuck in customs for a week, and TNT and UK Customs are having a tiff with each other, and we have no power to move it along, usually we account for this but on this ocassion it was unforseen, it would have been quicker for us to have purchased the items from the states, even with them still having to pass through customs.

the brexit paperwork is a shamble of sheite i'm not really sure why it appears more difficult to obtain goods from europe than it is from other countries on WTO terms, its even easier for uk fishermen to sell fish to the USA than it is to the EU.

final word, i dont believe i'm wholly worse of with brexit i think without covid the problems would be less compounded, but at the same time, we arent wholly better off without the EU.

i'm certain the UK and EU will reach a more encouraging middle ground once both sides have stopped puffing their chests and the EU stop being petty and petulant.

My hope now is that biden camp are willing to work with the UK swiftly on a trade deal that wont sell out our NHS and keep chlorinated chicken firmly in the US.

i dont like to crow on benefits of brexit or staying in EU, i feel it's a pointless task we are where we are so lets get on with it.
That's a wise choice. You ought to have said, "I can't crow on benefits of brexit because there aren't any."

do however chuckle at the EU's handling of their vaccine programme because they have given brexiteers the best present they could ever have asked for, and they and the 27 countries within the EU know it.
You chuckle at AZ defaulting on their delivery schedule to EU in favour of meeting their delivery schedule to UK?

The EU will never collapse, they have spent the last 30 years integrating themselves so tightly it would be almost impossible to break free. There may be one or 2 other countries that might decide to follow suit in the distant future depending on how well the UK appears to do over the next 5 years, possibly Italy or maybe Hungary, but generally european governments are happy with the EU, they dont share the same want of sovereignty as the UK or US do,
I suspect the Brexiteers real motive was that they were hoping to initiate a collapse of EU. But they succeeded in uniting the EU even tighter.

The Euro currency wont collapse either, if they dont get the vaccine caper sorted quickly then they may lose a bit against the £ and $ but it will only be short term.
If AZ and others meet their delivery schedule the vaccination programme can be delivered at speed.
Macron has called for vaccinations, morning, noon, and night, with no weekends or bankholidays.

I suppose this is what annoys the european leaders the most as towards the end of last year all their modelling showed the UK's recovery to lag the EU by some margin, now however with the success of the vaccine, it has possibly turned the other way, those who can get their economy up and trucking the quickest will prosper the most short term, which will also give leverage to brexiteers.
What annoys EU leaders the most is AZ defaulting on their delivery schedule in favour of prioritising UK, and UK crowing about it.

onto the pricing, i have noticed costs of goods have dramatically increased this past year. My weekly shopping bill was around £70, the past 6 months have seen this increase to £100 per week.

Special offers have all but disappeared on anything half decent, whenever i want to buy something the price has increased significantly or it is impossible to obtain.
Dangee won't believe you, he'll want forensic style chapter and verse of every single item that you think prices have increased with dates, evidence, shops, shop assistant names and addresses, packaging details, itemised receipts, guarantee certificates, etc.

believe most of this is Covid related rather than Brexit related,
From a Brexiteer, that is a surprise.

the brexit paperwork is a shamble of sheite i'm not really sure why it appears more difficult to obtain goods from europe than it is from other countries on WTO terms, its even easier for uk fishermen to sell fish to the USA than it is to the EU.
Who's fault is that?

we arent wholly better off without the EU.
Let's ignore the cost of Brexit then? Not to mention the lies spun to achieve it.

certain the UK and EU will reach a more encouraging middle ground once both sides have stopped puffing their chests and the EU stop being petty and petulant.
Only the EU being petty and petulant?
That is a surprise deduction from a Brexiteer.

My hope now is that biden camp are willing to work with the UK swiftly on a trade deal that wont sell out our NHS and keep chlorinated chicken firmly in the US.
That is assuming he hasn't got more pressing things to do.
Of course if the UK agree to all the US demands, it shouldn't take long. The devil will be in the details, and we now know that BJ doesn't do detail.

i do however chuckle at the EU's handling of their vaccine programme because they have given brexiteers the best present they could ever have asked for, and they and the 27 countries within the EU know it.

i believe most of this is Covid related rather than Brexit related, however we cannot say it has not had some form of impact, because it naturally will, additional time on paperwork has to be paid for somehow. Recently for work we've had to purchase some bits from europe on an emergency basis, this should be with us within 2-3 days. I've had a set of cylinder liners stuck in customs for a week, and TNT and UK Customs are having a tiff with each other, and we have no power to move it along, usually we account for this but on this ocassion it was unforseen, it would have been quicker for us to have purchased the items from the states, even with them still having to pass through customs.

final word, i dont believe i'm wholly worse of with brexit i think without covid the problems would be less compounded, but at the same time, we arent wholly better off without the EU.

i'm certain the UK and EU will reach a more encouraging middle ground once both sides have stopped puffing their chests and the EU stop being petty and petulant.

Nice to hear a level headed opinion without bias or bashing , thanks.

Thanks SX. Nicely put. I wasn’t being obnoxious btw. I’ve literally just been asking for examples but none were forthcoming.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back