Project Fear dead .......

If you want to be pedantic, project fear is not dead, as it was never alive
Project fear really goes back to Cameron / Osborne who made claims of economic damage....which to some extent did happen....the Bank of England injected money after the referendum and the pound lost significant value and has never recovered.

many leavers have dishonestly claimed remainers forecast catastrophic damage literally within days of transition end....so when it didn't happen, they claimed it wasn't true (like this thread by Gasbanni)

But Brexit is along decline over a decade and more......and this govts Brexit policy is not minimise the damage, just keep it hidden.

Brexit + Covid is going to be tough in the next few years.

Sponsored Links
many leavers have dishonestly claimed remainers forecast catastrophic damage literally within days of transition end..

George Osborne. Mark Carney. (Carney eventually had an epiphany moment and revised his opinion)

Under WTO non discrimination rules, if UK doesn't check imports from EU then it can't check goods arriving from other countries under WTO agreement.

As a temporary or emergency arrangement?, I don't think so.

As an aside, not checking imports from the EU rather flies in the face of "taking back control of our borders"

If it's 'our choice' to waiver checks, surely that suggests we have indeed taken control of our borders.

Sponsored Links
This sounds like an exact description of “ignored member”

View attachment 228036

So true of a few people on here, how narrow minded for example to Pidgeon hole a persons or group' s behaviour/preferences/thoughts/allegiances etc etc all based on you supporting a particular football team (for example.) Whilst accusing those same people of racial stereotyping ethnic groups etc, oh the ****ed up hypocritical irony.

That's what they do on here, mind-blowingly bigoted.

Disappointing news on exports.

ExportDrop.png

https://click.newsletters.ft.com/f/...6Uhdqb2huLmR1bmNhbjFAdmlyZ2luLm5ldFgEAAAAAA~~

I wonder how those "new trade deals" are coming along, with Somalia and North Korea.

Who would have thought exported food & drink would be affected by completely closed food & drink establishments in a global pandemic as well as Brexit.

You didn’t coward. Nosey did. As is immediately obvious if you read where you got the quote from.

appears more difficult to obtain goods from europe than it is from other countries on WTO terms, its even easier for uk fishermen to sell fish to the USA than it is to the EU
It is not more difficult.
Nor is it easier to sell fish to USA than EU.

The problem is UK have highly integrated supply chains built for high volume and high speed.

Fishing for example: UK fisherman used to land their catches straight intomFrench ports for immediate processing.....but now UK no longer has a harmonised regulatory status, there now needs to be SPS controls, customs declarations, transit documents etc etc. None of which are suited to fresh fish.

I would love to know what post I had deleted from this thread, especially when I see hate and insults galore, on this site....:confused::confused::confused:

Still waiting for those examples of empty shelves & rocketing prices in supermarkets
Childish strawman luvvie, if you want a debate please try a more adult discussion

Where did I mention empty shelves and rocketing prices in supermarkets.

I have said repeatedly that Brexit would damaging fishing, farming, manufacturing, with a long slow decline as UK businesses lose their frictionless EU marketplace.

I also said there would be a stream of SMEs moving from UK to be inside SM

Sponsored Links
Back