Project Fear dead .......

Obviously it's the system, I didn't say it was the EU,

But my statement is true it is easier for me to get things from the states than it is the EU, I don't know why, or even why the paperwork is more difficult. Maybe it's because of the lack of import fees on European goods, which makes the process that much more cumbersome.

When I can talk to someone that has half a brain cell I'll let you know, but all these places seem to be filled with brain dead dead beats, that just pass you from one person to the next, I suspect this is the true reason it's more difficult, no one has a clue what they are doing, I presume it's down to the rules and the people that are supposed to be implementing them rules.
I suspect the answer is rather straightforward.
USA has been exporting to UK (and EU) for many years. Their systems are well established, as are the receiving procedures.
EU has been exporting to UK for many years, with minor, established processes, but suddenly the system changed, with little or no advance warning.
For those EU businesses that export a good amount to UK, it will be worth their while to develop their systems quickly and effectively. There might still be unforeseen hurdles to overcome. But still the receiving procedures might be slow to respond.
For other EU businesses that deal only marginally with UK, they may decided it's not worth the bother.

Sponsored Links
Both sets using tnt, parts from America ordered last Wednesday arrived Monday morning, parts ordered from Denmark also on Wednesday at same time as America, parts been circling customs since Thursday, still no sign of when they might even clear, I'd they'll even clear, both tnt and customs blaming each other

I don't think it's anything to do with intent. It's just that stuff to and from the EU is flowing in a different way now. There is rather a lot of it as well which wont help.

An EU spokesperson went a bit Boris recently. Talk about automating it some how. I think that is just political rant really but time will tell. The real problem is that the deal omitted anything specific about this area.

Some sellers of goods to consumers have already arranged for things to go out from the EU vat free. Some haven't. Strange really as some appear to sell to the USA if some one there chooses to buy.

Sponsored Links
Im sorry It wasnt my intention to sound critical -I was interested in your experience as its from a commercial point of view.

Likewise.

Sometimes writing on a forum is impersonal and what is written conveys as an alternative emotion.

By way of an update I still haven't got my bloody liners lol

Back