Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
On a planetary basis, I agree with @Diver Fred

Which is what he said, before you jumped in and made it Anti-immigration.
WRONG

Diver Fred was blaming housing crisis directly on immigrants.

FA to do with with any philosophical argument about global population

I note you did not address my pertinent point on unemployment…..

So please explain how you think we have too many immigrants yet we have a low unemployment rate and still a big shortage of jobs….you are welcome to explain how you think the economy would be doing with a few million less working immigrants.

Sponsored Links
I am not against the idea of right to buy. Generally it was poorer people in council houses, so the Tory scheme gave those harder up people a chance to buy the house they had lived in for a long time. Many of these houses were low rent and costly to maintain. I find it strange that the lefties are against such schemes.

Generally, I don't think it's fair that some people get a discount (e.g. first time buyer tax saving, right to buy etc etc) and others don't. Stamp duty for example is an unfair tax on those who live in the south east. Why should person A get a saving because its their first house but person B who currently doesn't own a house doesn't, because some years ago they bought a house with a person they were living with, but sold it when the relationship ended.

I could buy a nice 3 bed up in Staffordshire and pay no tax, in Surrey, I would be paying stamp duty on a studio.

We have a distribution problem. 60% of the population want to live on 30% of the land. This thread has shown it's not the Tories who have a bad record on helping people own their own home.

WRONG

Diver Fred was blaming housing crisis directly on immigrants.

FA to do with with any philosophical argument about global population

I note you did not address my pertinent point on unemployment…..

So please explain how you think we have too many immigrants yet we have a low unemployment rate and still a big shortage of jobs….you are welcome to explain how you think the economy would be doing with a few million less working immigrants.
Distribution - simples.

Which is what he said
He wrote 2 sentences.

The first directly states directly what I commented on:

“We wouldn"t have a housing crisis if we didn't have an over population crisis”

The word “if” is used as a conjunction in that sentence, directly connecting population to housing.

Generally it was poorer people in council houses, so the Tory scheme gave those harder up people a chance to buy the house they had lived in for a long time

No

Thatcher flogged council houses to working class people to buy voters

Same as Thatcher wasted North Sea oil revenue to give away tax cuts

No

Thatcher flogged council houses to working class people to buy voters
She didnt need to buy votes the normal person was frightened to death about letting labour back in hence why she was voted in

We wouldn"t have a housing crisis if we didn't have an over population crisis. There is just many people on the planet!

It's not usually considered polite to mention that old people are not dying fast enough.

From Gov.UK

Before April 1983, the allowable interest was deducted from taxable income, either in an assessment or by increasing the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) code number.

Say what you mean brig
So you ARE in favour of owners being forced to sell their property at half price.
Still pretending to be hard of thinking. Or perhaps it’s genuine.

How on earth can right to buy a council house translate in to compulsory purchase of privately owned property.

Say what you mean brig
Still pretending to be hard of thinking. Or perhaps it’s genuine.

How on earth can right to buy a council house translate in to compulsory purchase of privately owned property.
Why should I (and all taxpayers), have to subsidise (insufficient) council housing being sold off but private landlords get their mortgages paid by renters with no right to buy

Either there should be a right to buy rented housing, or not.

These Tory double standards !

You made it about immigration.

You prissy pr@t.

Ever since you had your mea culpa / epiphany about you voting "Leave", you've been a tedious, evangelical tw@t.

W@NKER ;)
Calm down theres a good chap, you are angry because you attempted some childish point scoring and it blew up in yer face
Go and have a cup of soothing tea and come back t apologise when youve calmed down

Diver Fred made it about immigration, he literally wrote a sentence stating it:

"We wouldn"t have a housing crisis if we didn't have an over population crisis"

Sponsored Links
Back