One million young people unemployed....

I have to agree about the state of education these school leavers are receiving. Some have (most) difficulty filling out a form, doing basic math. Even basic tool skills are not there.

:personally my children could read, write and do higher math than the school was teaching when they attended. In fact my youngest is taking two extra GCSE`s in his after school time now. It is down to the parents, they should spend more time with their "spawn" as said :D
Mine have always had access to books, so its not strange to see them reading instead of being on the computer.

I hate to think how our skilled labour force is going to cope in a few years time, judging by some of the idiots out there. And more to the point, semi-qualified teachers.

Time teachers were given more rope and more money.
A thick ear never hurt anyone but it kept the classroom quiet.

Sponsored Links
Mine have always had access to books, so its not strange to see them reading instead of being on the computer.

Good to read that Alarm.....it's nice to hear of them reading for pleasure not just by force.
I always think if you have a love of reading you are never 'bored' nothing like getting lost in a really good book.
Well done you for encouraging them ..... You certainly seem a very 'proud dad ' :)

Sponsored Links
Back