Opportunity for Input

corgiman said:
ChrisR said:
Maybe this thread's a spoof?

Maybe I'll post one apparently from Ideal, to see if we can crash the internet...

to do that you have to be a potteton baxi man lmao

Don't know corgi, Ideal seem to be about the worst manufacturer these days, worse for back up, worse for getting spares and now their MD is head of some plumbing or heating body things can only get worse for us all. I did hear that their MD has a Vaillant in his home :LOL:

Sponsored Links
good lateral thinking chrisr could be a wind up :LOL:

like this.....

so halstead man yer freeekin ejit. speak to us! :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
corgiman said:
ChrisR said:
Maybe this thread's a spoof?

Maybe I'll post one apparently from Ideal, to see if we can crash the internet...

to do that you have to be a potteton baxi man lmao

Don't know corgi, Ideal seem to be about the worst manufacturer these days, worse for back up, worse for getting spares and now their MD is head of some plumbing or heating body things can only get worse for us all. I did hear that their MD has a Vaillant in his home :LOL:

I still reckon Baxi take the biscuit for out and out cynisim with their boilers

Seen the latest cashback offer to installers of the Baxi Duotec - I think it borders on fraud (for the customer that is) - and it would be interesting to have a legal view on it.

It just enforces the public view that the industry is corupt from the top down - and I for one have to agree with them.

Sponsored Links
well I think that the boiler making industry as a whole is in dire straits

poor manufacturing systems
overly complicated appliances
understaff/nonexistant after sales care
poor technical advice
(I mean come on I can hear the person at the end of the phone flipping throught the installation and service manual, where are all the knowledgable people gone from the tech lines??? once the problem is of what is written in the back of the book they dont have a clue)
Rip Of spares prices
Poor client service from parts sales

I could go on but I am winding myself up now

:)

Come on Halstead Man respond, if you aint a wind up

Guys - apologies for absence as I haven't been able to logon over last few days from Home.

To answer the first question - No this is not a Wind Up - we are actively looking for honest feedback from the guys like yourselves so that we can improve all aspects of our product offering and take your comments on board - you obviously care or you wouldnt be on these forums, which is why we are asking you.

We realise we have had issues in the past an we actively want to put these right and as a British Manufacturer we want to grow and develop our business.

Any feedback good or bad is beneficial to us and to prove it is not a wind up - my e-mail address is *********** so if you would like to contact me direct you are more than welcome - thi s cant be viewed in post so
I have made my e-mail available to respond direct if you wish !!!!

As part of this we are commisioning some market research and this will involve Installer Clinics where we will ask opinions of installers of our products and competitors in order for us to identify the way forward in terms of product development - these are taking place in Bristol and sheffield; - so anyone interested please contact me on the e-mail address above

Look forward to hearing from you

Rich

Gasguru said:
Seen the latest cashback offer to installers of the Baxi Duotec - I think it borders on fraud (for the customer that is) - and it would be interesting to have a legal view on it.

It just enforces the public view that the industry is corupt from the top down - and I for one have to agree with them.

And how desperate Baxi are to start getting us to fit boilers again. Still they soon will get this back after it keeps going wrong out of warranty later :LOL:

The Halstead man seems to have gone a little quiet !

Its probably not related but my local merchant is planning a short Halstead tech presentation in Branch followed by a meal out at a local "top rate" restaurant nearby.

I pointed out there were no "top" rate restaurants nearby in Willesden but suggested an Indian where we can bring our own booze.

Still waiting for details, been waiting three months now, but manager says later this month!

Tony

Agile said:
I pointed out there were no "top" rate restaurants nearby in Willesden but suggested an Indian where we can bring our own booze.

Tony

Bring your own booze. Sounds more like Frinton on sea than willseden

No top rate restaurants in willesden.. Rubbish

There is an wide selection of 2x chip shops, Prob about 6-8x Kebab shops, about a 50x chicken village/cottage/world/shack and a few Chinese's.

What more could you ask for... :?:

Honestly - some people :rolleyes:

Joe :D :LOL:

Ashwood Heating said:
Bring your own booze. Sounds more like Frinton on sea than willseden

There was a very good one the Papadam in Cricklewood which some readers will have visited but unfortunately now its closed after the husband died.

Frinton is a very English seaside town with an average age over 70 whereas Willesden is about 70% non English and an average age about 30! A very cosmopolitan area !

Tony

mr halstead man just buy vaillant or worcester boilers in bulk and re- badge them as halstead.
add a 3 year gurantee (with conditions) and you will sell lots and lots...

As with most things, like cars maybe, pay a bit more, buy something made in germany, and you can expect to be at least reasonably happy for a long time. Would you rather have a merc or a a rover? A vaillant or a halstead?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back