Paris police successfully found man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought of you today funnily. Was leafing through the local rag and the amount of grammatical and spelling errors by the local journo's was shocking. Every article and sentence after sentence. Thought to myself that while I thought it was ****-poor, you'd have a meltdown! :)
Yes, and that's their job - and they can't do it properly.
At least you noticed. :)

I always remember years ago a local reporter on BBC South West (He's still there) reporting on a missing girl.

He said "She was last seen when she catched the bus".

No, it's not Devonshire dialect.

Sponsored Links
It would be more interesting if we knew why he hit her.

They walked each other at 15 secs, did she say something rude that annoyed him...…

If only there was some way you could have found out...

Such as link in the initial post to the news report telling you "Marie Laguerre said the man lashed out at her after she told him to stop harassing her on a Paris street."

But wait! There was!

He was seen in Paris, near a cafe. I heard he hit girl.......

Does this mean they found him and were able to bring him to justice. Or was it an unsuccessful find or was he dead or did they find him abroad and not able to bring him to justice.

Did that all make sense?

Sponsored Links
Yes, and that's their job - and they can't do it properly.
At least you noticed. :)

I always remember years ago a local reporter on BBC South West (He's still there) reporting on a missing girl.

He said "She was last seen when she catched the bus".

No, it's not Devonshire dialect.

Catched? Clearly didn't catch on in his English lessons! :)

Not only the journo's job is to write well, but I did wonder what happened to all the others? I thought editors read articles, sub eds too? I know it's only a small local rag, but was quite amused that the paper went to press at all. Oh and thanks, am not the best at spelling and certainly not grammar but yes, even I noticed! :)

Does this mean they found him and were able to bring him to justice. Or was it an unsuccessful find or was he dead or did they find him abroad and not able to bring him to justice.

Did that all make sense?

"Paris police find man", or perhaps "Paris manhunt successful"
I have to agree with ELFI, the extra word 'successfully' wasn't needed or even that helpful.

Not only the journo's job is to write well, but I did wonder what happened to all the others?
Likely no better themselves.

I had a row with my daughter's teacher thirty years ago when she (teacher) told me that they didn't bother teaching spelling and grammar as it was not important as long as the meaning was clear. Hence all the "must of", "should of" etc.
She didn't really have an answer when I asked what she did when the meaning was not clear.

I said other things as well implying she was probably not competent enough in English herself or she wouldn't think that way.

That reminds me, when we were kids, my dad was called into the school because my brothers had sprayed some unkind graffiti on the walls about the head teacher. My dad told the teacher that the head should be proud of the school as my brother had spelled everything correctly. The head was really not amused :)

she was probably not competent enough in English herself

I have a feeling the criticism, whilst warranted, might not have been received warmly.

told me that they didn't bother teaching spelling and grammar as it was not important as long as the meaning was clear
Isnt that ridiculous o_O

I have noticed in working with tradesmen, the younger guys have apalling spelling, to the point they are almost illiterate. I have highly skilled wood machinists that cant spell the most basic words. I often wonder whether non academic people have been like this, or is it a product of the education system.

Yes I did notice you have a hang up about it ..
Bad grammar and bad spelling just makes it harder for those trying to decipher or make sense out of it. Quite selfish really and sort of harks back to this poxy txt spk where people use single letters and numbers to get their message across.
Awful.

Bad grammar and bad spelling just makes it harder for those trying to decipher or make sense out of it. Quite selfish really and sort of harks back to this poxy txt spk where people use single letters and numbers to get their message across.
Awful.

I think you should round all the under educated along with the disabled and those with mental issues and do away with them Just so the good people can live and not have to worry about anyone else ..

Such a nuisance

I think online there is less of a reason to spell badly - there's spellchecker on computers and phones to help. Ah, technology is great huh?! :)

I think online there is less of a reason to spell badly - there's spellchecker on computers and phones to help. Ah, technology is great huh?! :)

My computer yes not my phone.... My spelling is awful. If it were not for computers I would never have done as well as I have done for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back