Physics Puzzle

Sponsored Links
I've just read through this thread from the start and can't believe much of what I've read, particularly as the question has already been answered before ... Well done Softus I must congratulate you here ... This is the biggest DIYNot windup I've seen since I began posting :LOL:

The only comment I would make based on all the posts thus far ... Doitall, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this my friend but you really haven't got a clue about aircraft and I suggest you stick to DIY ... You definitely get the numpty of the thread award ;)

Perhaps someone could be bothered to post the link to the last thread and the YouTube demonstration of the aircraft on the conveyor :rolleyes:

MW

I've just read through this thread from the start and can't believe much of what I've read, particularly as the question has already been answered before ... Well done Softus I must congratulate you here ... This is the biggest DIYNot windup I've seen since I began posting :LOL:

The only comment I would make based on all the posts thus far ... Doitall, I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this my friend but you really haven't got a clue about aircraft and I suggest you stick to DIY ... You definitely get the numpty of the thread award ;)

Perhaps someone could be bothered to post the link to the last thread and the YouTube demonstration of the aircraft on the conveyor :rolleyes:

MW

Just for you Megawatt.

The plane will not take off, read and understand the question.

As for the video, apart from it not being on a conveyor the wheels were traveling faster than the large dust sheet.

Sponsored Links
Space cat also said.

There is however one paradox in the original question:

As the conveyor speeds up to match the wheel speed as stated, the wheels go even faster.

doitall.

Take your toy car and put in on a conveyor, which will match the wheels speed.
Are you telling us that you could not move the car with your hand/both hands/all your force, in a forwards direction.....?

This as you understand is a force applied NOT through the wheels, but on the body of the car.
This is exactly the same force the jets apply to the body of the aircraft, and is independant to the wheels.

Free spinning wheels will not hold any movement back.

That is good news balski :LOL: :LOL:

The key to the problem is in the original post, what can or cannot happen is irrelevant as is the method of propulsion.

the aircrafts wheels speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor belt to be exactly the same as the wheels,

that = no forward travel and no take off.

the aircrafts wheels speed and tunes the speed of the conveyor belt to be exactly the same as the wheels,

this is a fallacy embedded in the question.

It can only be true if the aircraft and the wheels are both stationary. It cannot occur at any aircraft speed greater than zero.

I can't believe this is still going on. The wheels are a red herring. The contract is between the engine (jet or propeller) and the air. The jet thrusts against the air (Newtons laws etc). What the wheels do is immaterial.

this is a fallacy embedded in the question.

It can only be true if the aircraft and the wheels are both stationary. It cannot occur at any aircraft speed greater than zero.

Getting there JohnD :LOL:

The aircraft cannot roll forward because the conveyor is matching the speed of the wheels.

As I said its irrelevant what happens, why or how, to achieve take off speed the wheels have to travel faster than the conveyor.

you cannot correctly answer the question because the question is defective.

Why is a mouse when it spins?

I can't believe this is still going on. The wheels are a red herring. The contract is between the engine (jet or propeller) and the air. The jet thrusts against the air (Newtons laws etc). What the wheels do is immaterial.

How do you work that out joe 90.

The plane is on the ground and needs a land speed to reach take off speed, that means the wheels have to turn, the problem is the ground is going the same speed in the opposite direction.

As space cat pointed out the faster the wheel speed the faster the ground travels

I don't know what you are trying to prove diyitall apart from making yourself look like a buffoon. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back