Police Warning Notice - Vehicle Excise Duty

libby lou lou said:
failure to display should'nt really affect her
Failure to display is an offence.

...i'm legal, i may twist my words to the ins company...
That's called fraudulently lying.

i am legal
This policy is three yrs old, i feel , with no money some times, you have to take risks,as we do every day of our lives, crossing the road, climbing a ladder, the system, government do it evey day to me and you, rant.

my daughter may be my wife, as far as the insure are concerned

JohnD said:
ok john, fair play, i see councillors sp claim, left right and for expenses,we kniow they fiddle, my turn, it works, if i had to go totally straight in life, i would resort to, not being totally straight, we are all bent, everyone of us....he who cast the first stone

dose'nt make me a bad person
Just a criminal. :rolleyes:

some people should take a leaf out of my book.
Some people? Like inexperienced criminals?

Sponsored Links
Failure to display is an offence.

we know, did'nt say would'nt affect her

That's called fraudulently lying.

the government has done this to me all my life

ok, just because you think i'm criminal,i don't have to accept that,

some people think you are a clown, on this forum

not made my mind up yet

You can check the state of road tax by doing a Vehicle enquiry here: http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

DVLA online said:
I have not received the tax disc. What should I do?

If the tax disc has not arrived after 5 working days, please telephone us between 8am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 5.30pm Saturdays on 0870 850 4444. When you make the call, please have the Reference Number available and choose option 4 then option 1.

Thanks guys.

My Ma got one and is worried about it (she's 71).

She has paid for the tax, but it had not arrived, so she thought she was OK to drive it anyway.

what was it ?, a letter, a form stuck to a vehicle.? issued by a copper to you?

A postcard sized card stuck to windscreen by copper on street.

It is a CLE 2, but the geezer that filled it in omitted his badge number. Is it invalid?

its not invalid as its not for court process and the dvla dont give a toss about minor things like that. It is simply them letting the dvla know that the vehilce is seen untaxed. If she has paid the tax on the vehicle and there is no period of back tax to pay then she may well be alright. Worst that will happen is they will send a letter with a demand for the back tax and possibly the penalty that they impose know (not sure of the amount got a feeling it may be £80)

Sponsored Links
I thought you couldn't drive the car without road tax regardless if you have paid for it or not(?)

Securespark

A CLE/2 only informs the DVLA that the vehicle was seen on a public road with no valid tax displayed.

Your Mums new incoming Tax should tie up with the report at Swansea and would normally mean no further action.

There is a specific offence of failure to display but that seems to have been largely ignore in these modern times.

And no -There is no legal requirement for a badge number on the form.

Libby, I get the impression you feel the govt owes you something.

So you go around evading insurance and advising others to do so . . . Makes sense. :rolleyes:

If you dont like the way this country is run, move...?

If you cant afford to run a van / car, then dont.

They were stopping people near here the other day, folk in commercial vehicles. Checking for waste carrying certificates and insurance.

They were stopping people near here the other day, folk in commercial vehicles. Checking for waste carrying certificates and insurance.

I now have all this, so?

Sponsored Links
Back